What Cabinet member do you want to be?

Defense: when the commander-in-chief has to make the big decisions, I don’t want to be the guy who turned down the job of bringing stuff to his attention.

This would be cronyism, not nepotism.

You left out Chief of Staff, OMB, EPA, USTR, CEA, SBA, and UN Ambassador. :wink:

Interior. I’m big on national parks and stuff.

I’ll take Interior. I’m actually partially qualified and I think I could do a good job. Of course the job market after I was done would be very fruitful while most of the other cabinit positions just end up consultants and lobbiest while interior has some real job possibilities.

Is the Chief Technology Officer part of the cabinet? I’d have selected that if I thought of it before selecting Sec Def on the poll.

I believe that would be under the Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy, a.k.a. President’s Science Advisor. I don’t see OSTP called “Cabinet level” anywhere, unlike the agencies I mentioned above.

SecDef gets you DARPA, right? Plus the DIA’s Directorate For Science And Technology, and the National Reconnaissance Office, and Air Force Space Command, and everything else from the Office of Naval Research to the Army Corps of Engineers?

Secretary of the Interior

Immediately after taking office I will depart for an exhaustive tour of all of the National Parks and Monuments.

Other - Secretary of Keepin It Real

Energy. Bring on the nukes. Barring that, I want in on some of those sweet big oil dollars.

Other. With the love of nature, history and all I would go a little lower on the food chain and maybe director of the National Parks System.

Sec. of the Interior. Get paid to travel to all the National Parks and hike, hunt, fish and camp? I’m in! A close second would be Sec of the Treasury, but signing all that damn paper money would cause one helluva case of writer’s cramp.

I’ll take Treasury. Besides being a bean counter myself, the Treasury department ultimately oversees the IRS, and administrative changes in how the IRS operates could have a real impact on nearly every person in the county.

As for travel… well, the IRS has offices all over the country. Ogden, Cincinnati, Fresno to name a few… it’s a veritable where’s where of top tourist destinations. :slight_smile: