What can you see out the window right now?

Since my office is on the “garden” level of our house, I have a very uninteresting view. From one window, I’m eye-level with my driveway. From the other, I can see the garage and a small portion of the backyard.

MPSIMS answer for a MPSIMS topic. :slight_smile:

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Dark and our outdoor thermometer. In the day I can see our very tiny yard, sandbox, and assorted dog turds.

Teeming Millions: http://fathom.org/teemingmillions
“Meat flaps, yellow!” - DrainBead, naked co-ed Twister chat
O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

I can’t see anything, because the lights are on in here, but I heard a gunshot about half an hour ago.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

I was looking at the neighbor’s Christmas lights until my husband stood in the way. He makes a better door than he does a window, as the old joke goes.

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

I keep my blinds drawn, so people don’t see my computers. (I was going to say passer-by, but what’s the plural of that?!).

It’s silly really, because I live in a town of 8,000 folks and crime is really low here. I suppose I’m worried about vandals.

Anyway I would see gardens and trees, because this is the English countryside. It’s very restful (and I walk to work!).

Oh, and it’s 9.42 a.m. now.

I see my mini blinds. Oh wait… raises mini blinds I see a big bush blockign half the window with some of the Xmas lights from across the street shining through, and my dad’s old Camaro.

The other side of the valley and everything in between. My parent’s place, all the neighbors. The dry cows and heifers. birds in one bird feeder and a squirrel raiding the other. Don’t see any deer this morning but it’s hunting season and they know it. The pole barn and my cousin’s dozer sitting next to it. No frost this morning, thank-you global warming…

I see my car parked outside, and the tops of some shrubs.

I crave an art that passionately transcends the mundane instead of being a device for self-deception.–Griffin, from The Griffin and Sabine trilogy.

Welders working on the building next door, a giant construction crane a few blocks away, and the top of the Chrysler Building, silhouetted by the rising sun.

Oh, damn, while I was trying to work out how to spell “silhouette,” a cloud came up. It’s not nearly as poetic now.

…but when you get blue, and you’ve lost all your dreams, there’s nothing like a campfire and a can of beans!

(from work, shhhhh :))

The horizon, looking left to right:[ul]
[li]office building next door[/li][li]bridge for the GW Parkway going onto island.[/li][li]a plane on approach to Reagan Nat’l Airport[/li][li]The White House[/li][li]The Washington Monument[/li][li]Catholic University, The Old Post Office, and Jefferson Memorial, almost inline[/li][li]various office buildings around L’Enfant Plaza[/li][li]US Capitol Building[/li][li]another plane (taking me a while to type this :))[/li][li]one of the Library of Congress buildings, I think[/li][li]another neighboring office building[/ul][/li]
In the mid-ground:[ul]
[li]the Potomac River[/li][li]the I-395, Metro, and Amtrack bridges into DC[/li][li]northern Haines Point w/ its Japanese Cherry Trees[/ul][/li]
In the foreground:[ul]
[li]a smaller office building[/li][li]Old Jefferson Davis Hwy, with a storage warehouse, gravel company, and a warehouse converted into a theatre[/li]a tidal marsh area north of DCA[/ul]

rain

A most perfect sunrise. The sky is afire with reds and oranges and golds as it changes from darkness to shed light on my day. The trees are very still as they are awakening and a small squirrel scurries around on the ground searching for stores to hide in it’s home. All is peaceful and quiet. I love morning!

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

From my office window I see the rain pissing down from the Bellevue sky, the buildings alight with the offices, the headlights and taillights of bumper to bumper traffic on I-405.

From my Apt I see the aged pine forest that surrounds me, the cascade mountains and the mist rising off of Lake Sammamish.

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

Since i’m not feeling too descriptive this morning…

East View:

http://junior.apk.net/~scotdor/stuff/east.jpg

South View:

http://junior.apk.net/~scotdor/stuff/south.jpg

-MrSCOTT

A huge statue of Christopher Columbus pointing at me.

“Let me fall out of the window with confetti in my hair…”
Tom Waits

Rain.

Three bare poplar trees, and a hemlock hugging the trunk of the skinniest poplar.

A squirrel sitting on a tree branch flicking his tail to keep off the rain.

The stretch of road leading up to my apartment complex.

More rain.

The lawn sloping down to a drainage ditch (for all this RAIN!) and back up again.

More bare trees, draped with bare kudzu vines.

A bit of limp orange ribbon tied to a bush.

Did I mention rain?

I have to stop now because I’m getting depressed. (It’s actually quite pretty in the sunshine. Really.)

\\| |/
=== '>

If I were at home, I would be able to see the Cathedral of St John the Devine in all it’s perpetually incomplete glory. But I am at work, so I am looking at the entrance of a New York City fire department office building. I think I like home better.

Foreground: a British coast artillery battery built in 1897;

Middle distance: Fisgard Lighthouse, white tower with red lantern, built 1860 and still going strong (no keeper these days though);

Distance: the (currently) rain-swept Strait of Juan de Fuca, with snow-capped Olympic Mountains in Washington State, USA.

Oh, and yesterday morning, my view included a Los Angeles class sub (US, obviously) entering the Canadian Forces naval base at Esquimalt, with Santa Claus on the deck–no kidding!

Launcher may train without warning.

Why do I feel like I’m on Romper Room?

Looking out the back upper window, I see my four neighbors front yards and an unknown/unseen neighbor’s yellow lab ( the doppelganger of mine) crapping all over the four front yards before moseying back to it’s house. If I had a long range bb gun…

Half of a building and bright blue sky, which is pretty amazing considering it was raining about 30 minutes ago.