What can you see out the window right now?

North Island, the harbor, downtown San Diego,and, beyond that, Mexico.

From left to right:
A pine tree, a bench, two oak trees, a boulder, a pine tree, a bench, two oak trees, a boulder, a pine tree, a bench, two oak trees, a boulder, a pine tree, a bench, two oak trees, a boulder, a pine tree, a bench, two oak trees, a boulder, a pine tree, a bench, two oak trees, a boulder, a pine tree, a bench, two oak trees, a boulder…

Elmer J. Fudd,
Millionaire.
I own a mansion and a yacht.

MrSCOTT, that looks damned familiar . . . doesn’t Rhodes Tower always look like it’s about to snap off and fall over?

I don’t have a window in my office, but there is a window to my right, looking west. All I can see is the top two levels of the parking garage, and a few floors of the Marriott Hotel.

“It’s my considered opinion you’re all a bunch of sissies!”–Paul’s Grandfather

I made the mistake of reading this thread at work, so I have to report that I can’t see anything. Windows present a security issue with our inventory, so we don’t have any. I don’t even think air can get in here…

If I was posting form home, I’d have a much more beautiful view to report: a park with some guy on a horse in the middle.

Hey, it’s a rainbow!!!

Bushes, sidewalk, more bushes, bamboo grove, more bushes, trees. There’s a concrete pad between me and the first set of bushes, but I can’t see that, and just on the other side of the last set of bushes is Karl Strauss (a brewpub/restaurant), but I can’t see that either.

An airplane. It seems to be losing altitude…rapidly! I don’t think it’s gonna stay up! OH, CRAP! IT’S GONNA HIT THE GROUND! I work across from the airport.

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

Wow, and I didn’t think anyone would actually reply!
You guys have some rather cool views (like the Chrysler building) or else you’re just making it all up.
Every single person in my neighbourhood seems to have put up their Christmas lights today, hundreds of individual apartments are all sparkly and colourful. Sigh. It’s so pretty!

I like this. It helps me put a visual hook on the people behind the user names.

From work: a bank tower and the low urban skyline typical of the US Midwest. Visible beyond: houses and stuff along the river bluffs.
In between, the Mississippi River in Twainain reality: “rolling along the mile wide tide to the gulf, shining in the sun…”
And an eagle; yep, a real life American bald eagle, right here in a river city. They nest and hunt here because there’s open water year round. (We don’t have a huge pigeon problem.)

From home: pine branches (my bedroom is on the second floor) the roof of a neighbors house; chimney is poofing out white steam because it’s cold out there.

The dog is snoozed out on her pillow, her paws crossed and twitching as she dreams.

Veb

So, AWB, you must be working in Pentagon City.

Across the way from me I can see a few bars. There’s a man in uniform walking by. Ooops, gotta go. Daddy’s here and he’s wants something.

*moriah: So, AWB, you must be working in Pentagon City. *

Close. Crystal City, Gateway #2.

The cornice and top 3 floors of Marshall Field’s main (State Street) store.

The six buildings of the Oracle campus (No sign of Ellison’s jets or boats). On a clear day I can see, in a narrow space between two buildings, the Transamerica pyramid 19 miles north in SF. A little to the right I can see Mt. Diablo 31 miles across the bay. Starting next week I will have a whole different view because our lease is up at the end of this month, and being in the same neighborhood as Oracle has jacked the per-foot cost beyond what our company wants to pay. So we are moving 7 miles south and my view will become, I fear, one of the expanse of green glass in the building next door.

AWB…you’re kidding! I’ll have to let you know the next time I have to visit Gateway #1 to see EPA.

Since I’m at work, new view. We have:

Rain
Several office buildings, all of which are nicer than this one…
The ever-present fire and police cars
Construction workers working on the $300,000 townhouses below us
And the Silver Spring metro station. Including a freight train going through. Woohoo. :slight_smile: (yep, I’m bored today at work…)

“There is no worse lie than a truth misunderstood by those who hear it.” - William James

From one window: Gray rainy day with acres of woodland, no other houses.

From front window: Barn with three sad looking goats. They hate rain and can’t come out to wreak their usual havoc. Also, a 64 Valiant up on jackstands with the gas tank out because we can’t find a source for the part. If anyone knows where to get a rubber gasket for an “antique” car, please lemme know!

Ahhhh Marshall Fields!!! :::wishing mightily that I was there:::

From my desk, I can see the sun shining brightly off the white and pale-blue paint of the Victorian across the street, complete with pale-blue geegaws and curlicues, and a beautiful cobalt-blue leaded glass window in front.

StoryTyler
I am too in shape! :::muttering::: Round is a shape.
C’mon up and see me sometime.