What car do you really want to own and drive?

The one I got a about a month ago: 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrack, loaded.

I’m tempted by the RAV4 Prime, which is the PHEV version of the RAV4. I think fully loaded, the cost would not exceed $50,000 (though given that the car is popular, I might have to pay above MSRP). There is also a PHEV version of the Prius.

I’m with @Si_Amigo

Two door Jeep Rubicon with all the options, and biggest tires that will fit on it. That’s all I want.

No where near $100,000 :slight_smile:

New vehicle only.

Another vote for the Mazda Miata. Had a 2001 model years ago and loved it. But the newer models, with revamped styling, are gorgeous. Only four cylinders, but the car is light enough that those provide plenty of oomph. Get all the driving fun and eye candy of a high-end sports car, with the reliability and low cost of ownership of a Mazda.

Okay, I guess a Ford Lightning, a Rivian, or an electric Hummer if they are under $100,000.

Otherwise, a new Mid-engined Corvette, please. I’ll take mine in candy-apple red.

I’ve a 2019 4Runner. It does great for where I live. I sure don’t want a sports car. It would die or I would.

I would just replace the 4Runner. Go new. What the heck.

Or possibly get a short bed 1/2 ton pick up. No extra cab BS. Hard to find. Can I transfer my plow and winch from my 2004 Dodge/Ram? I would prefer to put a new one on it, but you will never find that truck on a dealer lot.

Well it does not appear that you can buy a new short bed 2 door with no extend-a-cab. They are perfect plow trucks. Great visibility and turning radius. Oh well. My truck will last me.

Oh. Wait. I’m sure a new Unimog would set me back much more than 100g. Oh shit. 100g would make a down payment I suppose. Always wanted one though.

Me too. My daughter surprised me with a one day rental of that Little Red Corvette, except a convertible. Awesome car.

2022 or 2023 Camaro 2SS 6 speed, with the 1LE package. Metallic grey please. Canyon carving in comfort and fun.

I just took delivery of the car I really want - a Ford Bronco Badlands stick shift.

But, if someone was to force me to choose another vehicle, and give me the money for it, I’d probably go for a Rivian.

Yeah, this here thang.

Easy. A Porsche 718 Boxster, bare bones and basic, with manual transmission. MSRP is $98,000. If I can find a Boxster Spyder for that price, that’d be the one.

Yes!

So, we have a Corvette already – a 2015 C7 convertible, which my wife inherited when her father died three years ago. But, that’s her car, and she’s the Corvette fan of the family anyway.

I’d get a new Mustang, to replace the 2012 one which I’m currently driving. A 2022 Shelby GT500, with the tech package and painted hood stripes, in metallic red, comes in at around $94,000.

I like to ride in comfort, but I need an SUV to transport people and things. I would get the Maserati Levante GT in Blu Royale, which would come in at about $95,000.

Honda accord hybrid, with all the goodies.

New? Damn. Because what I really want is to tootle about town in a Karmann Ghia.

Oh, all right then. If it must be new, a Subaru Impreza or Legacy. ::Sulk.::

Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 with Carbon Fiber Track Pack. Comes out to $99,315.

The thread title is “What car do you really want to own and drive?” and then chains me with restrictions.

Given the restrictions I’d say a Jaguar F-Type convertible although that isn’t really the true car I want to own and drive. I like it, but there are more expensive cars I’d rather have.

The car in that picture has a UK number plate but appears to be left hand drive so must have been brought in from the US. A friend of mine recently took delivery of a UK-spec one (in blue) with right hand drive and a UK-style number plate holder. It was around £95000.