Imagine a book store.
Now, imagine you didn’t have to drive to this bookstore to buy a book, because it’s already magically built into your new bookshelf.
And this book store is bigger than Amazon.com.
Now, imagine it’s not only you who has this magical bookshelf, but everybody else does too; millions and millions of people…
Now, imagine, you want to write a book.
This bookstore gives you guidelines and the proper tools for a very small fee, and when you’re done, you just have to place your new book on your shelf, and the bookshelf will whisk it away and instantly distribute it to everyone else’s bookshelves, keeping only 30% of whatever price-tag you decide your book is worth for this huge distribution service. Of course, you get to keep the other 70% per book sold.
It’s instantly now accessible to millions of other bookshelf owners out there, and is on a relatively fair playing field in the bookstore, and millions of books are being sold everyday.
Now, take the word bookshelf, and substitute it with “iPhone.” Take the word “Book” and substitute it with the word “app,” and there you have it.