What Day Of The Week Do You Get Paid On

That’s interesting. The few people that I know here in Australia who are paid monthly all work for American companies. When they question the monthly payments (which they dislike) they’re told it’s “standard American practice”.

The only monthly paid job I’ve ever held was with Pacific National (the rail company), and they said it was due to payroll processing costs.

I hated that job. I much prefer fortnightly.

Other, because I’m self-employed and my clients pay me whenever they drag around and get off their duff and write the check.

:mad:

The 10th and the 25th of the month. It used to be the 15th and 30th(31st, 28th) but it was switched because it would save about $2,000,000 a year or something. Also, people were getting paid for time they hadn’t earned and then it was a bitch to try to get it back.

Well it is not standard in the state of Georgia; in fact, it is illegal.

I think it’s more that the American-owned companies over here try to justify it by saying “It’s standard practice back where the company is based” rather than just telling the truth which is “It saves us money in payroll processing costs”

Current job #1 - Alternate Fridays

Current Job #2 (Adjunct Faculty) - 10th and 25th

Past jobs - One paid once a month, but we were able to take an advance in the middle of the month of 250 bucks. Another paid weekly on Wednesdays. Don’t remember others.

I had to choose “other,” because I just found out today that I have no idea when I get paid. I used to get paid on Mondays, but my company was purchased by another a couple of months ago and now my deposit seems to come on Friday, or maybe Saturday. Of course, they still haven’t told me if they want to keep me on or how much they’ll pay me if they do, so I guess I should just be grateful they pay me at all :mad:.

Last business day of the month. It’s automatic deposit, so no need to get a cheque.

I like it - we’ve set up all of our routine budget expenses as automatic payments, as soon as the money hits the account.

Am I the only one who misread this as “What day of the week do you get laid on?”?

Hump Day. :wink:

Current job: 5th & 20th. Last job: 10th and 25th. Had a couple jobs over the years that paid monthly, usually they cut the checks in the first week of the month. Only had one job where I got paid weekly. That was a Thursday. I was working there on 9/11, and of course with the planes grounded we didn’t get our checks for another few days. Following Monday, IIRC.

I get paid whenever my clients’ checks show up in my mailbox. :smiley:

Except for my pay day being next Thursday, I’m in the same boat.

Once a month is standard for salaried employees in the UK (wage earners - those that get paid by the hour - typically get paid once a week). And the money is always paid by BACS direct into everyone’s accounts. Cheques are all but dead over here, I haven’t written one in about three years.

My ex worked for a while for a large US firm and got paid weekly. It was a right PITA as all our bills were paid by Direct Debit at the start of the month, and he was Not Good at not spending his cash as soon as he was paid.

Now I’m self-employed, which means I get paid when I get on the phone and hassle the account departments of my clients.

Once a month.

I’m a UK based professional and monthly is standard for most permanent non-manual employees here.

It’s simpler this way as most bills are paid monthly.

I’m a non-USr, so I may get paid in different days of the month or after different periods depending on the job/client (my current agent pays “before the 10th”, and usually by the 6th; the previous one paid on the last day of the month but after 30 days), but it’s always monthly. In Spain hourly/volume employees get paid monthly as well.

In the two “real jobs” (as opposed to TA/RA) I had in the US, we’d be paid every two Fridays; this was in 1997 and in 2003. For the period when I was TAing and being paid by the University, pay was monthly.

I’m British and am paid on the last working day of each month; my husband is paid in the middle of the month (15-22 or so), although I’m not sure exactly how his payday is calculated.

Everyone I know with a salaried job is paid monthly; everyone I know with hourly pay is paid weekly.

I should have put “other.” I’m supposedly paid every other Friday, but it usually shows up mid- to late afternoon Thursday. I checked Thursday in the poll.

I don’t understand how changing the payroll dates save money. Aren’t the costs associated with it the same no matter what day they pay you?