What did I Just Hear on the Ellen DeGeneres Show?

Totally and extremely off topic, but does Fergie’s hairstyle bug anybody else?

The braids… just… no. Urgh. Can’t watch… hides

Hmm… I didn’t know that until now.

Clearly, I’m not a fan.

I don’t personally see it, but to each his own. A friend of mine insists that the new Weezer song “Beverly Hills” is the same as “The Sweater Song,” also by Weezer. I don’t see that one either.

Those of you who haven’t heard it should really check out “Let’s Get Retarded.” I think you can hear at least a portion of it on amazon.com.

Kythereia, have you seen Be Cool? The BEP are in a portion of that movie and her hair looks absolutely gorgeous (and so does she, as usual).

I thought that was from a Saved By The Bell episode.

Although “The Sweater Song” is pretty damn close to “I Bleed” by the Pixies.

No, no, no. That was:
I’m so excited!
I’m so excited!
I’m so…
sob
scared!
sob, whine, sob
huggles and shit

Good ep, real, umm… powerful? or something. Caffeine pills are bad, m’kay?

I have never liked the Black-Eyed Peas. I think it’s patently obvious that the only reason Fergie is in the band is to show off her spectacular body. God knows she can’t carry a tune in real life to save her ass. I witnessed this first-hand a few years ago, when BEP was performing at Provinssirock, a festival I was working at. They were on the main stage, and the music was loud enough to carry across the river to the island stage, where I was stationed. Fergie seemed to have considerable difficulty hitting high notes, low notes, and basically any notes in between, either. But she sure could wiggle her heiny on stage, says my friend, who was in the front row.

Yet even I find Fergie annoying. My kids call her “Ja’fakin’” (a fake Jamaican) and a Rastaphonie. Still, love the songs.