What did you eat yesterday?

lets see,
515 am I 6oz cup coffee, black, brewed with 2-1 ratio of decaf to caffienated grounds
645(ish) black coffee (fully caffienated) with 8 oz breakfast burrito from local convenience store (scrambled egg, hashbrowns, cheese of some sort, steak)
1200 pm 1 liter Gatorade (orange flavored)
600 pm 3 oz lasagna, 1 orange flavored popsicle, unmeasured amount of vanilla ice cream (3 or 4 oz I think) water to drink
700-800 pm slice of bread with honey, slice of leftover pizza from previous day 2 cups of coffee as at 515 am, water

skipping lunch is common in my job. Sometimes, you just get wrapped up in the work, there is just a little more to do and then the job is done, or sometimes it’s just too damn hot to eat, etc.

MIDMORNING: Bowl of Cheerios (apple and cinnamon) with Half & Half; tea with evaporated milk and golden sugar.

LATE AFTERNOON: Leftover breakfast items from the day before (banger, bacon, tomato), a fried egg, toast with butter and marmalade. Tea as above.

EVENING: A small piece of carrot cake. Tea as above. Fruit cups with peaches and mandarins.

It looks quite similar to Greek taramasalata, minus a starchy component. Do you think the [Greek tarama] I can get around here can function the same? This is probably one of those ingredients that makes or breaks a recipe.

Many, if not all, foods in the Balkans are claimed by all the nations in the region. The recipe in the video is not the only one you can apply. The recipe my wife follows is similar to the one you have just mentioned.

What is banger?

A sausage. Never been there but some of my best friends are British.

*Bangers and mash is one of the best dinners ever on a cold day. *That would be sausages and mashed potatoes to us yanks. Best with a beer or hard cider, of course.

How can that beat the beans and sausage recipe? I’m asking from a man’s perspective.

This is what I ate yesterday:

BREAKFAST - 7 a.m.
1 apple
1 slice of bread with homemade vegetable spread (Romanian zacusca)
1 bowl of vegetable salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onion)

SNACK - 10:30 a.m.
1 fruit salad including 1 banana and 3 peaches
100g (3.5oz) nuts and seeds

DINNER - 1:30 p.m.
vegetable stew and chicken

DESSERT - 3 p.m. (I don’t like eating dessert right after dinner)
10g (0.35oz) dark chocolate

SUPPER - 7 p.m.
2 slices of watermelon
20g (0.7oz) nuts and seeds

I know it is very similar to what I ate the day before, but I enjoy it.

What makes you think that my thinking bangers and mash is the best cold weather dinner is NOT from a man’s perspective? Hunh, hunh?

Everybody knows beans are for breakfast, on toast. Ask terentii

Actually, from the chief cook’s and bottle washer’s perspective, a big pan of mashed potatoes are easier than slaving over a hot beanpot all day.

The line is “Banger and banger, what is banger?!?” but it has to be said in the voice of a sex-starved retarded woman.* :smiley:

But seriously, here is a British “full” breakfast, which can also include baked beans, fried mushrooms, black and white pudding, and kippers (which is is enough to feed me for two days). Notice the bacon is not of the streaky kind:

The sausages I had were actually Irish bangers, which is the only kind I’ve been able to find in Toronto. (Not much difference, really.)

I had bangers and mash for my dinner last evening. My veg was peas and carrots, and I drank whole milk (though I do have beer in the fridge):

I tried it with tinned poutine gravy, but it’s really much better if you make your own.

*Star Trek reference :wink:

Black pudding (blood sausage) and white pudding (mostly oatmeal)):

Kippers (smoked herring):

All very tasty! :slight_smile:

I sometimes have beans on toast, or beans with bangers and grilled tomato. I must say that I find British “baked beans” to be less than flavorful. The tomato sauce is very bland and needs to be jazzed up with brown sugar, Cole’s mustard, some ketchup, whatever else I have in my kitchen.

Everybody in Great Britain, maybe.

In the meantime, a lot of continental Europe will eat their sausages the right way:

https://atelieruldepizza.ro/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Layer-12.png

I’m joking here, of course. Everyone can eat anything the way they like it.
But what people in the West regard as German cuisine is in fact the staple for a lot of other Europeans.

No quibble here.

Kippers look delicious. Blood sausage, white or black, not so much.

I first had black pudding when I was staying with a family in Scotland more than 40 (Arrrrggh! :astonished: ) years ago. I was a little taken aback when I found out what it was, but damned if it wasn’t downright tasty! :slight_smile:

The first white pudding I had was here in Toronto, but it wasn’t that great (very bland, with not enough pork fat). I’ve since found a much better brand.

There’s no question that many countries have similar baked products, but an english muffin isn’t a pastry or a cake, nor is it sweet, like a brioche. The variety termed in the US ‘english muffin’, comes from the english recipe and is a kind of bread roll. There’s no great mystery about this. My original question was intrigue as to what a blueberry english muffin was - not because it would be an abomination to my english sensibilities, but more out interest as to how the US has evolved the recipe. I’m not claiming we own the copyright.

Have you tried them? Very many countries make some form of ‘blood sausage’ (a term we don’t use). Always strikes me as strange that it gets pegged as a British food.

One is not better than the other, it depends what you’re in the mood for. I think most people would agree that mashed potato is a classic comfort food (with onion gravy, naturally).

(Without a hint of irony) I’m so glad you pointed that out.

j

Theses are what we call English muffins. They’re usua;lly toasted and eaten with butter and jam or marmalade. They also serve as the basis for McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches.

They come in both white and whole wheat versions. I’ve never seen them with blueberries (or any other kind of berries), but I suppose its possible.

The taste is very similar to that of crumpets, which are eaten the same way.

This is what I would call a blueberry muffin: