What did you eat yesterday?

Well, I didn’t eat until 12:30 because of work, but I ate one half of a super cold corn beef Mr. Submarine and a small order of fries. For dinner, I had some of my leftover spaghetti with marinara sauce and 2 chicken legs.

LOL, my kids were here this weekend and we had grilled burgers. Had 3 leftover, so just heated them up :slight_smile:

Ha, I’m English. I’m very familiar with what we call ‘muffins’. They just don’t come in flavours here. Well, maybe cheese. And you can get wholemeal ones. But they’re all savoury.

Do French people eat French fries?

Yeah, this joke is not funny. But it does express some of my frustration with Ethnic labels in relation to stuff you can easily find somewhere else (with almost exactly the same properties): Greek yogurt, Belgium chocolate, Hungarian paprika, etc.

I know what an English muffin is but I’ve only seen them with raisins so blueberry sounded weird to me as well. That said, I don’t eat many English muffins in general so maybe there’s a whole world of them that I’ve been missing.

Mangled this-please bear with me.

Isn’t that what the Dollar Menu at McD’s is for?:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No problem! That was actually more than I normally eat :slight_smile:

Glass of water
2 cups of coffee
Peanut butter sandwich with a slice of leftover bacon

A handful of wasabi almonds
1 bourbon
Grilled shrimp tacos w guacamole and tomatillos sauce. Corn on the cob and garlic bread.
Another bourbon
Slice Strawberry/rhubarb pie.

1 beer at bonfire.

*7:45am - spoonful of Nescafe instant coffee, melted with hot tap water at home
*9am - brewed cup of coffee from work break room
*2:30pm - Aldi Red Bag Chicken (quite good!) on cheapo hamburger bun with mustard, mayo, grilled jalapeno, onion & pickle.
*8pm - two jerk chicken wings & a stubby little Filipino longanisa sausage, both grilled over charcoal
*7-11pm - one Miller Lite and bourbon as needed, handful of Bing cherries

Can you please share the recipe for the roe spread?

I love the word ‘elevenses’.
I’ve tried for years to find a reason to use it. :grin:

Well, that is because those foods originally came from or were popularised in those countries (French fries are something else - Belgium lay claim to them - so that’s just a mislabelling). And English muffins do originate in England (where they are called ‘muffins’).

FWIW a fun piece about the many and wonderful ways the British have come up with to drink tea and snack, plus the propah terms. Elevenses, high tea and low tea are all my cup of tea. My said cup is either Earl Tea or Irish breakfast. Depending on the time of day or my need for comfort a little raw sugar or milk gets stirred in.

My wife cooks it. It sounds easy when she explains it, but I’m sure I would not be able to perform that.

Here is a video I have found. Apparently, it is a Romanian roe spread. Really ironical, considering.

Snacking is very important to me. On a t1 diabetic restricted diet and needing calories, I try not to have empty calories.
I’m always starving since I feel better.
I just had a snack and am dying for food. Me and the Grandwrex are waiting on chicken nuggets to get done, for lunch.

Just curious, or pursuing a hypothesis?

0530: Coffee with soy milk, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and black pepper; Kind granola with soy milk, peach, blueberries, T walnut pieces, T golden raisins, water.

[Water all day]

1000: Carrots

1130: Leftover tofu with tamari, tomatoes and basil, dehydrated hybrid squash chips, dried apricots, water

1400: Carrots, dehydrated hybrid squash chips

1900: Tuna with vegan mayo on half-slice of country loaf toast, tomato, cucumber, pepper salad with balsamic vinegar; dehydrated hybrid squash chips with bourbon-cherry pasilla dip, mango with soy ice cream, T hazelnuts, water with lemon

Assuming this question has been addressed to me,
I would say that Captain Awareness has urged me to start this thread.
I don’t have to report to them. They’re watching. :wink:

For the sake of discussion only, I would mention the fact that a muffin is called brioşă in Romanian.
Brioşă is the Romanian form of the French brioche. A brioche is a round cake that can be prepared in various manners, bread-like or pastry-like. It is attested in the Middle Ages in France. I have seen Italian traditional round bread-like cakes that look very much like English muffins. I ate traditional pastry-like muffins when I went to Vienna and a German guest house owner told me the chocolate muffins she served were a traditional German cake.

Breakfast:
A freshly nuked steak-and-cheese chimichanga
Lemon yogurt

Lunch
Tuna sandwich
Blueberry muffin

Snack:
Potato chipc/crisps

Supper:
Two bowls of stew – potatoes, carrots, onions, and beef heart

Go on then, I’ll bite. (Hah!)

Breakfast - a small amount of sourdough toast with blackcurrant jam and cheddar cheese. (I would normally have granola with stewed fruit or yoghurt, but we have a glut of homemade sourdough). Black coffee.

9.30 - black coffee

Lunch - green salad, cottage cheese with sourdough toast.

Afternoon - 1 apricot

Dinner - a small portion of chicken and vegetable stir fry with noodles; fruit and yoghurt.

j

ETA - I forgot half a banana at breakfast