What do these lyrics mean?

Just the bolded bit; the rest was put in for some context. The thing that really annoys me about these is there is some meaning there that I might have the gist of, but I’m not sure what it means.

I think it might be something to do with how ‘she’ toys with bad boys and makes them more irredeemable. Or something. I wouldn’t be asking the question if I knew the answer or had been able to find it elsewhere. :wink:

Song’s Hush, by Angie Aparo. Lyrics can be found here, although all the ones I’ve found online seem to have part of the chorus missing after the second verse.

Sounds to me like she likes to tease the bad boys.

Thought it would be something like that, but what’s the line ‘leaving their best foot out in the cold’ referring to? Is it a proper saying the other side of the pond, or just an original mangling of the phrase ‘putting your best foot forward’? Using one’s feet as a metaphor is pretty old, after all.

Does it have anything to do with the old Hays Code rule that a man and a woman in a movie couldn’t have both their feet off the floor (i.e. on the bed, having sex) simultaneously? Walter Matthau spoofed the rule in one of his '70s movies (“House Calls,” I think) with Glenda Jackson.

Maybe the song lyrics means that she’s teasing the boys by not letting them keep both of their feet in bed with her?

I got nuthin’…

No not an expression as far as I know. I think it is in fact probably a play on “best foot foward”. And not a bad one really. They put their best foot foward and she distains it. Apt.

Smoking their gin I don’t know about. Probably the same concept but…unless she has a bong…

? perhaps something to do with dipping their cigars in gin? I’m spitballing here.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Just don’t go doing that near my gin. :smiley:

Whoa, page 4 already… Ahem.

I figured “smoking their gin” is just ‘smoking and drinking gin’ scrunched up to fit the tune. I can see where you’re coming from with the other line, though. It does make a little more sense if it’s her doing the leaving.

Thanks guys.

Sounds to me like she’s got 'em all twitterpated. One pictures a cool dude with a smoke in one paw and a drink in the other–and nervously forgetting what to do with which. And that their ultra-rehearsed smoove mooves are completely forgotten and botched. Bad boys are always in control…but not with her.