What do Trump voters think now?

Wait, what? I say “Cite?” not in suspicion but gleeful anticipation.

Did you not read what I wrote? Or did you just home in on this in spite of what I wrote?

Almost all of what you are talking about are not Presidential things. They are Trump things. Presidential things you mention are limited entirely to his appointees, and in his defense, the two appointees that had to withdraw for reasons certainly weren’t his fault (both obfuscated or flat out lied about things prior to the appointment).

No, sorry. I know that people like you are all butt-hurt about him, but those of us who inhabit the middle of the spectrum see through all the trees you’re letting yourself get caught up in.

Wah! How could I possibly know things about the people I’m hiring! I’m the victim, wah!

The buck stops somewhere down there. Keep looking, you’ll find it.

His approval rating among republicans has been a steady 80% since taking office.

Trump is polling <10% among democrats, about 30-40% among independents and about 80% among republicans.

So his poll numbers in the high 30s may be his basement.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to support this claim? The fact is that on the national level, the polls were very close…Off by maybe 1-2% in the aggregate. On the state scale, there were larger discrepancies, but they tended to correlate with how many non-college-educated whites there were, with The Donald outperforming where there were a lot and Hillary outperforming where there were fewer.

Apparently you aren’t aware that because Trump IS the President, EVERYTHING he does is a “Presidential thing,” whether he wants them to be or not.

PPP released a poll today. The nice thing about PPP polls is that if you dig into them you can find every question divided by who the pollee voted for in 2016.

Here are some of the questions…

Trump job approval.

Base	Trump Voters	Clinton Voters
Approve		43%	89%		6% 
Disapprove	50%	7%		88%
Not sure	7%	3%		5%

Is Donald Trump honest?

Honest		41%	85%		6% 
Not honest	54%	9%		91%
Not sure	6%	6%		2%

Do you think that Donald Trump has made America Great Again, or not?

MAGA		35%	78%		2% 
No MAGA		55%	9%		93%
Not sure	10%	13%		5%

Who do you think played more golf during their first 3 months in office: Barack Obama or Donald Trump?

Obama		28%	53%		9% 
Trump		48%	20%		72%
Not sure	24%	27%		19%

The golf question is my favorite. It’s a question with an easily verifiable factual answer. A slim majority of Trump voters believe this demonstrably false thing.

Yes, well, see post #17. :rolleyes:

Here’s one more because it’s weird.

United Airlines Favorability

Favorable	23%	27%		18% 
Unfavorable	47%	41%		59%
Not sure	30%	32%		23%

That’s a statistically significant difference. Anyone have a theory as to why?

This is not unreasonable at all.
I’ve seen scant evidence Trump is given messages that call his actions into question.

I can’t stop myself. For comparison they also asked…

Delta Airlines Favorability

Favorable	45%	49%		45% 
Unfavorable	14%	14%		16%
Not sure	41%	37%		39%

Those differences are not statistically significant.

Trump supporters either fly business class or don’t fly at all?

The recent United controversy involved someone suffering personal consequences at the hands of the police. That is a huge wedge issue. (IMO the whole policing issue was an underrated part of Trump’s victory. I heard it a lot in November and January, how nice it was that the police are going to be respected again. Often from people who rarely mentioned politics at all.)

I’m sure, assuming that they’re even reading this, that the Trumpies will question the source, but…

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/04/03/trump-just-ordered-fbi-watch-fox-news-evidence/

No, no, I’m sorry. If you truly believe that the President (you know, leader of the free world) falsely accusing an ex-President and a former intel chief of FELONIES (not an exaggeration) is insignificant, you’re flat-out delusional. There’s no other way to describe it.

It’s not just television. It’s also Facebook.

Not to mention the blatant conflicts of interest in refusing to set up a blind trust and instead having his businesses run by his family, some of whom also have plum jobs in his administration. And the literally millions of taxpayers dollars spent at Mar-A-Lago and other Trump properties, which go right back into his pocket.

In 2013 pollsters asked republicans in Louisiana who they blamed for the poor response to hurricane Katrina. Only 28% blamed George Bush, the rest either blamed Obama or didn’t know if Bush or Obama was to blame.

My bold.

Except that Trump **does **golf a lot at Mar-a-Lago, his family business dealings **are **a conflict of interest (NOT grounds for a firing squad-- hyperbole does not serve your point), there are **real **questions about his campaign’s/administration’s relationship with the Russians, even if the FBI isn’t days away from marching him out the door (see above note on hyperbole).

Fox News creates a media bubble (and Trump appears to be inside it along with his people). Mainstream news outlets do not, unless you consider presenting facts to be a “media bubble.” A better label would be “reality bubble,” or just plain reality.

OPINIONS presented by members of the mainstream media–THAT’S a different conversation. Opinion and factual reporting are two different things in legitimate media. They are the same thing on Fox.

Your point is not well made.

A difference in assessment does not mean delusion. Accusing other posters of being delusional does mean that you get a warning for personal insults.

[/moderating]

To quote The Daily Show: