What do you do when your life has been stolen?

You start on the internet, right? Isn’t that where you get most of your information about what your currently pursuing? Instead of spending time looking up WBC regulations or whatever, you could learn Access. Or SQL. Or how to write a technical manual. Or how to conduct investigations. Or how to edit videos. And if the specific info you need is not there, ask other experts.

Not too sure what I said that was funny - obviously, some of the things I mentioned require specific skill sets that you may or may not have (like music) - but that doesn’t make the advice any less valid.

But then again, it’s a personality thing. Or it’s experiential and cultural - “creating your own job” is how much of my family operated, and still do: My then-11yo daughter, wanting to make money for an upcoming trip, made a bunch of soaps and bath lotions in the kitchen using $30 in supplies, and sold the final product for over $100. I guarantee you that she wouldn’t have laughed at my advice. (And she didn’t, because this is what she did when I told her she had to make her own money. She got on the internet, looked up “how do kids make money”, saw some YouTube videos, and “Sophia’s Scent-sations” was born.)

Another example. Started a website while tending bar in Boston, now many estimate he is worth $100 million yearly to ESPN.