what do you have too many of?

Books, books and more books.
Videos. I have about 300–very few of which I ever watch anymore since I got a DVD player. I have no idea why I hang onto them.

[slight hijack]
Unmatched socks–could someone please explain to me how I can have 26 different solo socks and NOT be able to find a mate for any of them? I don’t remember buying 26 different sorts of socks. I think they actually mutate in the dryer or something.
[/slight hijack]

Floppy disks. At one time these were more useful, but now that I rarely use them anymore they’re literally collecting dust. The same goes for blank tapes. I also have more pens and pencils than I will ever, ever use. Oh, and I also collect all the plastic cups that I get from fast food places (because hey, they can be washed out and therefore they’re reusable!) . As a result I have well over a couple hundred of them.

I know exactly what you mean Greywolf73. There’s actually a really good reason why you don’t lose BOTH socks in the wash (because, you see, the unmatched ones don’t go back in the wash and there’s statistic probabilities at play as to how many items can be missing from one load of laundry… I’m sure someone smarter than I will be along to explain this soon) but I’ve yet to hear a good explanation of where the first missing sock has gone off to.

I have entirely too many Christmas decorations, thanks to my mother-in-law cleaning out her closets and deciding that my house is the best destination for things. Also, for the same reason, too many useless craft supplies (anyone want a gross of beads decorated to look like bunny heads, or thirty-six bundles of PaperTwist™?), too many pairs of pajamas, and too many boxes of Altoids.

Does anyone NOT have too many hangers? Do you need any more?

Pennies. Too many pennies. and computer monitors. We have at least 7 – not that all of them work, mind you. But we did finally get rid of the 286 computer.

and tons of knicknacks. Lotsa ones related to dogs.

/Shadez

I have a gazillion books and I make no apology for it!!! I will probably amass even more books before I’m dead. I just love books!!!

Dog toys. Little bunnies, hamburgers that squeak, you name it - I have it on my kitchen floor just waiting for me to trip over.

Lip stick. Most of the colors I would NEVER be caught dead in, but for some reason I felt the need to buy “Daring Fuchsia” at one point in my life.

Sheets, pillow cases, shams, bed skirts, duvets…lots of bed stuff!

Books–tons of them that nobody in this house will ever read. Don’t know quite how the things are procreating, but every time we look around, there are more of them. That said, I also have tons that I have read and loved for forever.

TVs and computers. We have more TVs and computers than we have people living in our house.

Glassware. A friend of mine is a liquor rep, so she’s always giving me those free brand-emblazoned glasses…I’ve got Midori margarita glasses, Guinness pint glasses, Don Eduardo martini glasses, Skyy shot glasses, Tuaca mixer tins, Bailey’s champagne flutes (and yeah, when did anybody put Bailey’s in a champagne flute?), these funky little snifters with a bull on them for some kind of scotch I can’t remember the name of…

And I don’t have a home bar, and rarely have any liquor in the house. So they collect dust and take up space.

But I can’t throw them out. Because someday, you know, of course I’ll have a fabulous home bar and everyone will come over and ooh and aah over my astonishing glassware collection.

:rolleyes:

:smiley:

I have too many:

Books
DVDs, VHS
Books
CDs, LPs
Books
Cats
Books
Macintosh computers
Books

You get the idea.

Goats.

Actually, I have no goats. My wife has 15 goats, five cats, a dog, five snakes, four lizards, five fish, nine rats, and several hosts of feeder mice, crickets, and meal worms. I have only one wife (thank God).

(Forgot the three millipedes that Deb also has.)

Whoa, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure is mediocre? :eek:

A collection of 150 doesn’t constitute a problem imho, especially as I have about double that and there is absolutely, positively nothing wrong with me at all :smiley:

My house has too many places that gather dust!

Mine sort of piggy-backs on Ringo’s post.

I have too many drumsticks. I have maybe 50 pairs, and I use maybe 20 of them with any regularity. But, then again, there’s going to be a time when I need the Vic’s SD4’s and I’ll have them. Or, I’ll want the 3A’s and I’ll have those, etc.

I wish I was allowed to keep my drums in the living room! The acoustics are much better in there. What kind of kit do you have, anyway?

Books. I live (alone) in a three-bedroom house, and two of the bedrooms are filled with books. I still have my academic library in one of them (I left the biz in '87), and everything else in the other. Well, not everything else – there’s a six-foot bookcase in the dining foom for needlepoint and gardening books, plus two three-shelfers, and a four-foot bookcase in the living room for the coffee table books. And there’s quite a nice library in the bathroom of, well, bathroom books.

Clothespins.

I have no idea why. This weekend Welbywife and I were clenaing out the storage room and came across a box of clothespins. It’s one of our boxes from the move, but netiher of us remembers packing it, or purchasing the clothespins for that matter.

There’s a medium sized box with probably 350-400 large, medium, and small clothespins. Which is odd. We’ve never had a clothesline, and never had a use for the pins.

worries :frowning:

and I disagree with other posters:
you can NEVER have too many books!

:slight_smile:

Tins of Heinz Baked Beans. I am physically addicted to them and the thought of running out at an inopportune time (read dinner) causes great anxiety. So every time I go grocery shopping, a few more tins find a home. Mrs Xerxes has given up trying to find foodstuffs which (imho) aren’t improved by the addition of a spoonful of Heinz’s goodness. And of course the beans must be cold (preferably refrigerated), not heated. [sub] (I think I may have a problem.)[/sub]

Candles. I live in a two room apartment and am deathly afraid of fire. Which is why I have at least 100 candles.

I have so many CDS that people’s jaw drop.

Shoes, books, and ex-girlfriends.