what do you have too many of?

I have too many clothes. I still have clothes that I wore six years ago(which is also one pregnancy ago). They don’t fit right. They look old. Why do I keep saving them? I don’t KNOW! Everytime I break down to clean out the closet I end up taking a huge bag full to the goodwill store, but there never seems to be anymore ROOM in the closet. I have a full size set of hoops and three complete RenFaire costumes. How long since I was at a Faire? YEARS! I have my wedding dress in there. I have three formals that I keep saving in case I get to go to a party or something. All the parties around here are never formal.

Help me.

FaerieBeth

{raises hand}
:o

i actually went to a local Dollar Store and bought 2 packs of wire hangers 'cause we’re nearly out. the shame! the shame! buying wire hangers… so i’ll be happy to take some off your hands, if they need a good home. (of course, if i ever weed out my wardrobe to make room in the closet, i’ll probably wind up with boatloads of them again.)

and…uh…i’d be willing to take the beads and PaperTwist, too. strictly to keep the hangers company while they’re journeying, you understand.
yeah, that’s the ticket–company.

can i offer you a swap of something from my excesses, in exchange? i have nail polish in both sedate and bizarre colors, several shades of color-change lipstick (it really lasts well, although not through a full meal), gel pens in all colors, long scarves that have never been worn, maybe some of my duplicate unicorn coffee mugs?

ok, you all now probably know waaaaay more about me than you ever wanted to.

lachesis

Oooh! I like scarves!

See your email, lachesis.

I never have enough hangers. I’m too cheap to pay for drycleaning, so if I want them, I have to buy them, and I’m too cheap to buy them. End result: Flannel shirts get piggybacked four to the hanger to make room for the nice clothes.

Which leads me to: Flannel shirts. If you keep an eye out, you can get nice ones very cheap, and this appeals to my cheap nature. I also came of age in the grunge period, so that’s when my fashion sense fossilized, unfortunately.

I have far too many T-shirts. When I was wearing them every day, this was a mild irritation. Now that I have to dress nicely for work, instead of having lots of shirts in the wash, I have them all crammed into drawers, so it’s a lot more noticable that I have far, far too many of them. I had a stern talk with myself, and finally started throwing out old ones, despite their sentimental or artistic value.

I have Dana’s cracker problem also. I do a purge twice a year and typically throw out six to ten boxes of stale crackers.

I have enough wire hangers to share the wealth, Podkayne. Send me an email (my address is linked below) and I’ll happily make up a boxful for you, too.

Kayeby: uh… my mother and I both have this same affliction. It’s sort of a “container mania” or something. I justify my own compulsive behavior by actually using those containers to store mundane items; I have separate plastic boxes full of electrical connectors, screws, bolts, tools, and all manner of doo-dads. I keep telling myself that I am just trying to “get organized.” HA!

You can if you don’t have enough bookcases to hold them! I keep having to cart off bags full of books to the local AAUW book drop. Most of these books are read-only-once books, and since I’m not crazy about used bookstores, I just donate them.

I have too many musical instruments.

I have:

5 harps
2 guitars
2 violins
1 hammered dulcimer
2 button accordions (B/C and D/G)
2 English concertinas (1 large, 1 small)
1 electronic keyboard
3 or 4 recorders of various types
a couple of pennywhistles and a fife

There may be some miscellaneous stuff I’ve forgotten.

I tend to collect things.

Don’t ask me how many bows I have…

Power tools.

I admit, the circular saw sees a lot of use, but does anyone have any idea what a 4.25" grinder is actually used for? Me neither. I just thought it looked cool.

hair products that I use once and go “eew that smells like coconut” or “eew that makes my head smell like fruit salad”

plastic bags

hair accessories that I never use (barrettes, elastics, when my hair isn’t long enough for any of these)

moisturizers

Boogers.

Seriously, just one was enough already.

If it’s a billy, ONE goat is too many. Phew!

I think we have too many weapons.

::looks around room::

Five visible swords.

Lissla: Too many weapons? Don’t get me started. You don’t wanna know…

Clothes… I just cleaned out my closet a month or so ago, and I swear the damn things are reproducing! (it also doesn’t help that my mom gives me a bunch of clothing every week; some are my sister’s, and less occasionally, my brother’s :eek: ) But well… maybe it’s time to make a trip to the Salvation Army again.

Books… some of which I haven’t read in years. But you can never have too many books. :slight_smile: Of course, I have to admit that some of them were somewhat impulse purchases at Chapters, but I eventually managed to read through at least some of them. Time to donate some to the libraru, I guess…

Stickers. I buy them primarily for use in birthday cards, to give away to the little kids, or to decorate my journals and books. With that in mind, I bought 15,000 mini-stickers in October. I still haven’t used them all up, which I guess is a good thing. (even mailed some off to TroubleAgain around Christmas last year)

Miscellaneous old newspapers, junk, and things I thought were worth keeping for some reason, It’s now all on the floor of my bedroom… I think maybe I should clean up.

F_X

I have, it appears, an abundance of Molton Brown body lotion in lovely little one-ounce containers. I also have about a truckload of hand-harvested wildflower seeds that really ought to get out and do their thing.
I’ll be happy to bestow these riches on anyone who e-mails a U.S. postal address to MercyStreet@att.net. The first 30 get Molton and seeds, plus growing instructions. If I run out of Molton, you’ll still get the seeds.

I have too many…
Facts to memorize for my AP European History test on WWI
Squeaky toys in this house (the dog just loves torturing me with them)
Eyeshadows
Nailpolishes
Hair ties (I have way more than I need, I just can never find any of them)

Small engines.
Lawn mower type. string trimmers,chain saws stuff like that. Some even run. Last count stopped at Twenty cylinders. Only one engine was a Twin. People throw things out, I bring them home.

This year I clean :smiley:

No, it’s mediocre at best. Sorry, IMHO it’s idiotic, and I bought it because I heard several people speak highly of it.

And no, it’s not a problem to have 150 DVDs, even though I’m running out of shelf space. The problem is that I’m wasting some of that space on less than GREAT movies, when there are so many of them that I don’t have. I go shoppong, and instead of holding out and ONLY buying the great ones, I buy medicre movies at bargain prices.

Joe K - old school, pal. The one in the living room is Ludwig chrome shell with oil filled heads (22" bass, 8"x12", 9"x13". 10"x14" wings, a 16"x16" floor and a 5"x14" Precision metal snare, Zildjian 20" ride, 18" and 16" crash, 15" socks and a 5" splash; Tama sock pedal, Ghost bass pedal and a wood block, cow bell and african bells on their own cymbal stand).

The one in the bedroom (the “spare”) is made up of Ludwigs as well. The 20" bass I purchased originally with my first kit in 1966 (it has a 1965 date stamp inside the shell) and it and the 20" ride are the only material possessions that survived my 1972 total burn housefire (that cymbal has a unique sound :wink: ). This kit is silver sparkle wood shell and also includes a 9"x13" wing tom and a 14"x14" floor.

Whooee, I haven’t talked like this in a bit. Kinda makes me sad.

But not. Those drums took me all over the South, and friendships were formed, some of which have outlasted that in which they originated. I spent a very nice Sunday after the last Austin Dopefest a week ago with friends made during those times.

Back to the OP; you can have too many friends, but I think it’s rare to have too many good ones.

Well, you use it to grind things! Like when you buy an old pickup and you want to grind out the rust before you put the Bondo and primer paint on it. Okay, so we only did that once, and we didn’t even bother with the Bondo…

But seriously, my husband uses his an awful lot.