What do you like in your hamburger?

I like my burger cooked as little as possible without it being a guarantee that I get E. coli. I flirt with danger every time I eat one.

As for what I like on it, my perfect burger consists of bacon, sauteed mushrooms, cheddar cheese, and A-1. It’s really, really good that way, trust me. It’s good without the bacon, but not quite as good.

Funny that you asked “in” instead of “on”.

I used to go to a tiny drugstore in a tiny town in Virginia. My mom would probably remember the name of the town, but I don’t. The drugstore had a grill counter that sold the absolute best burgers ever. They were pizza burgers. With cheese and sauce in the middle of the patty.

Yum.

Nowadays I’m a huge fan of Fuddrucker’s, where I always get a medium-well burger with:

• honey mustard
  • catsup
  • onions (in rings, never chopped)
  • lettuce (in leaves, never shredded - echh)
  • tomatoes (chopped)

I also get a couple spoonfuls of pico de gallo on the side. Because it’s yummy.

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, dogs are from Pluto. - Anonymous

Okay, I’m a nutritional nightmare.
I love burgers, especially grilled, medium rare. 'shrooms are great, A1, bacon…but for the perfect burger, simplicity and tradition rule:

• lightly buttered and toasted bun (no seeds)
  • dill pickle slices
  • some slightly melted cheddar cheese
  • thinly sliced onion
  • a whisper of lettuce and a sliver of tomato
  • a slight smear of mustard & ketchup
  • a good sprinkling of kosher salt.

Oh, yum. Well, my arteries hate it, but the rest of me thinks it’s just fine.
Veb

Sorry Unc. All I could do was keep reading my post looking for a bizarre typo!

Nope, I’m simple.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Let’s see. . .

Chili Burger: 1/2 pound high quality ground beef, cooked medium well. Add swiss or American cheese (or both), slather with hot chili. Serve with onion rings.

Traditional: 1/2 pound beef, swiss or american cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, mushrooms, ketchup. Serve with curly fries.

Heartburn Deluxe: 1/2 pound beef, swiss or american cheese, sliced hot peppers, red or green chili. Mmmm. . .

Cholesterol Special: 1/2 pound beef, swiss or american cheese, bacon, chopped ham. Guaranteed to freeze your elbow in place when the dripping grease solidifies.

Man, I gotta get a burger. Later!
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

:::drool:::

This is so unfair. I have chicken thawing at home and now I want a damn boiga!

Sylence…your chili burger sounds like Famous Tommy’s of L.A. Ever had one? Hands down the best chili burger you will ever eat

On my burgers I like pretty much anything as long as its big and sloppy.

Say this reminds me of a SImpsons episode where Homer is watching this commercial for a ultimate cheeseburger…I cannot remember the ingrediants but it sounded good. Anyone got any idea?

Never been to L.A., but if I get a chance I’ll try one of those burgers. :slight_smile: The one I was thinking about is served at Dad’s Diner in Farmington, New Mexico.
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

Toasted Onion Roll (top)
Butter
Salt
Slice Home Grown Tomato
Cooper Sharp American Cheese
Cajun Bacon
Dab of Bufalo Chipotle Sauce
Burger (rare)
More salt
Slice red onion
Butter
Toasted Onion Roll (bottom)

with Habanero stuffed olives on the side.

Be still my beating heart.

JB
Lex Non Favet Delictorum Votis

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettace, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

There now that I got that out of the way I can be honest… Avocado, Jack Cheese, and sauteed Mushrooms. Can you tell I am a Cali girl?

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Guess I am weird.

Must have toasted bun
medium rare ground round
lettuce
tomato
onion
mustard
catsup
mayo

I love cheese, a total cheese freak but grosses me out on a burger. In fact I get a cheese stick at least once a week on my way home from work.

Pickles jam, I can eat them all day, but in a burger I wanna puke!

BUT the kicker is, killer home made fries on the side with tons of catsup. Not that nasty oil that’s fried thousands of other fries and tastes like oldshoe laces…yes even McDonalds’ famous fries taste that way to me.

BTW, if you ever visit Colorado Springs, check our Red Top…the biggest damned burgers I have ever seen, about the size of a dinner plate…seriously!

I don’t eat burgers, but I figured I’d throw in an ‘interesting fact’.

Here in Oz, and espesh back in NZ, it was once tradition to include a slice of beetroot in burgers.

Now I don’t even know if they have beetroot in America, or if it has a different name, or it achieves the same goal as a pickle or what. Colour me ignorant of burger traditions. But I figured it was worthy of an entry in this esteemed thread.

And despite not being a burger eater, you have all succeeded in making me hungry. Damn you!

“Vyvyan! Where did you get that Howitzer?” “…I found it.”

The Legend Of PigeonMan - updates every Wed & Sat

Beetroot? Are we talking about the same thing? A purple turnip-like vegetable that grows undergound? The main ingredient in borscht?

*Bun or bread–with or without sesame or poppy seeds, white, wheat, rye or what-have-you are all acceptable
*Cheese–one slice American or Cheddar + one slice Swiss (one under and one on top of the burger) is best, but any kind of cheese will suffice
*Mayonnaise
*Lettuce
*Tomato
*Sometimes onion/sometimes no onion–raw is preferred to grilled

No pickles, no mustard. Ketchup only if that is the only available topping (or sometimes with the cheese if that’s the only other topping–but never with the mayo/lettuce/tomato/onions)

Your Official Cat Goddess since 10/20/99.

Yup, that’s the beetroot I’m talking about.

Those days are over, but burger eaters of both countries here lament its loss…

“Vyvyan! Where did you get that Howitzer?” “…I found it.”

The Legend Of PigeonMan - updates every Wed & Sat

I’ll take mine cooked medium on the Weber with:

• Major Grey Chutney
  • A-1 sauce
  • a thick slice of sweet onion

Serve it all up on a Kaiser roll, thanks very much!

Leslie Irish Evans
http://leslie.scrappy.net

Meat. Hopefully, beef. Equally hopefully no neck organ meat and less than 25% fat filler.

Mark
“Think of it as Evolution in action.”

If you have RealAudio, here is the “Meaty Cheesy Boys” song, from Jack In The Box, off of the Meaty Cheesy Boys Website. Have fun.

The key to great burgers is to mix Italian-style bread crumbs and a tablespoon of pesto into the raw burger meat before cooking. Also makes for a delicious meatloaf.

“My hovercraft is full of eels.”