What do you want to be when you grow up?

Ever since I was a young’un I’ve wanted to be a vet, a nurse and a teacher.

Also had big dreams of owning my own cafe’ and a ‘no-kill’ animal rescue centre.

So far I’ve done nursing and been a teacher. The other three are still a possibility.

The only thing is I don’t think I’ll ever grow up.

I wanted to be a science fiction author.

And I am. I’m still amazed it happened.

Fairy princess… or an army man. I’m not sure which yet.

I’m gonna run away and join the Circus. And no I’m not kidding, I’m serious this time! :wink:

I want to be a professional frisbee golf player!

or a banjo player. Either would be fine, really.

At various points, I’ve wanted to be an archaeologist, a chef, a glassblower, an ethnomusicologist, a political science professor…if I won the lottery and didn’t have to worry about pesky things like rent, I’d take glassblowing and a lot of different music classes, and open a little cafe with rotating ethnic specialties, the work of local artists on the walls, and all kinds of funky live music on the weekends.

Of couse, that would mean lots of opportunities to travel…all for research purposes, of course!

An astronaut!

Unlike other 10 yr old kids, I did some research on this and found that I either had to be a US fighterpilot (I have glasses and am too tall), or be really good in an obscure research field involving zero-g.

<Sigh> May be I can still become a multi-billionarire and buy my way on. :dubious:
For some reason I also had an aspiration to become a vegetarian when I was 6. Gave it up when I was told I couldn’t eat lamb :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to own and manage a little coffee shop in a very small town.

I want a lifestyle which doesn’t require my presence.

I want to be a famous writer.

I want to be a ship’s captain.