What ever happened to Geography boy?

Anyone remember that kid you’d see on late night talk shows about ten or fifteen years ago who could name the capital of any country in the world? I think he was also on shows like “That’s Incredible!” and “Ripley’s Believe it or Not!”. They called him a “child prodigy” but “Unfortunate victim of crazy ass parents who feel a need to live vicariously through and push their child.” would probably have been more apt. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has heard any recent follow ups on him since he’s probably around twenty or twenty five years old now. Is he now some kind of genius geographer or is he flipping burgers at McDonald’s?

The breakup of the Soviet Union did him in. All those new facts (the capital of Azerbaijan is Baku, the capital of Kyrgyzstan is Bishkek, the capital of Turkmenistan is Ashgabat) were too much.

More seriously, I’d guess that people stopped being impressed by the fact that he had memorized every nation’s capital. There are less than two hundred countries in the world, so how difficult can it be? I’m sure I could do it in a week if I could think of a reason I’d want to.