What happened to Lady Gaga?

I was wondering where did she go? It seems from 2008 to around 11-12 she was everywhere, winning awards, being number 1 everywhere, a pop sensation and then she just kind of dissipated and made a duet Album with Tony Bennett and won an Emmy for best actress.

Am I missing something? Did she just run out of steam?

She put out a “meh” album, then a duet album with Tony Bennet. She was also one of the leads in the most recent series of American Horror Story. She’s still working.

She’s still doing fine and releasing successful music, but she’s sort of not in focus for the “Eye of Sauron” as far as public notoriety goes anymore.

She had a pretty good run for a pop sensation. Maybe she made enough money and got enough fame that she’s not going to milk it for the rest of her career.

Gaga has enough talent to continue for a very long time. All the outrageousness was just a way to establish her brand. Now that that’s done, she doesn’t have to continue to do it.

What else is there once you’ve been parodied by Weird Al?

A quick google shows that Lady Gaga will perform a tribute to David Bowie at the Grammy Awards.

[nitpick]

I don’t think she won an Emmy; I think she won a Golden Globe. At least, her Wiki page says nothing about winning an Emmy but does mention the GG.

[/nitpick]

She did a fantastic tribute to Julie Andrews at last year’s Oscars.

According to TheRichest.com she’s worth nearly $300 million, so I’d say what happened to her is she got filthy rich…

She’ll be doing a tribute to David Bowie for the Grammys this year.

Lady Gaga will be performing the national anthem at the Super Bowl on Sunday.

P.S. blondebear, see post #7.

ETA: Also, according that brief article, she was named “Woman of the Year” by Billboard magazine last year. Is it just me, or is the OP seeming kinda fuzzy on current events?

she took time off a few years back due to a hip injury , she had surgery for it. She cancelled part of her tour for the surgery.

What is funny is she is the same age as Carly Rae Jepsen but looks much older. Both are 29 but Jepsen looks around 20, at least to me.

missed edit window: She was on the sopranos in 2001 at age 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrainCFg9BU

So, take that for what it’s worth. Seems she basically burned out on that constant “being everywhere.” And it made her rich. So why not step back and be a little more discerning and only do the things you really want to do?

Most of her career occurred while I was overseas and I was only dimly aware of it. She was wicked famous in Korea and China, but mostly for her early stuff. I think she was counting on Born This Way and Artpop making bigger splashes than they did.

Being an old fart, I really love the duets with Tony Bennett and I thought that Barnes & Noble commercial was too cute for words.

She’s moved into acting. And she’s pretty good at it. She recently won the Golden Globe for best actress in a movie or miniseries for her work in American Horror Story

Yeah, but other than the Oscars, the Grammys, the Super Bowl, and winning a Golden Globe, what has she really done lately?

Maybe she is just showing us the normal self she always has been.

She removed, I believe, many of her tattoos.

Why do you believe that? :confused:

And why should she? Miley Cyrus is pretty much doing her old act now.