What happened to the "new posts" red line?

Bookmarks are still not working quite right. It seems that I needed to re-bookmark threads after whatever change was put in - which is fine - but I still can’t seem to get to ‘first unread post’ in a thread from my Bookmarks menu. I used to be able to … can’t now.

Ok, I figured out the ‘last post’ button. It’s just not very apparent - doesn’t work like any other link to a thread here.

The “latest” option hasn’t been displaying a number for the same period in which the red line has been missing.

I thought most people had abandoned the Board, because I’m seeing so few New Post indicators. Then I finally realized there is no indication, at least not for me, that a thread has been posted in since my last visit. Some thread titles have a dot next to them that seems to indicate new content, but for so many I just have to look at the time indicator that shows how long ago the last post was made.

Enthusiastic agreement here. I hope it wasn’t part of some other function that got lots of complaints.

Is it too much to ask for a confirmation that it is broken/intentional? This happened after TubaDiva’s passing so if it was intentional, somebody knows that.

I think that only indicates a thread that you haven’t read at all.

The “latest” page will give things in order of most recent post to the thread; but you need to remember how long ago you last refreshed it, and the times given aren’t precise; so the red line was very helpful.

Bring it back, bring it back! Don’t take it away from me because you don’t know what it means to me!

I still see it. I saw it in this very thread. I’m using the SMDB Light interface and safari in my iPad.

I’m using Straight Dope Light in Firefox on a Mac Mini desktop. I don’t see it – but, with the same interface, browser, and OS I used to see it.

How bizarre. Hope it gets fixed for everyone

It’s back for me. Thanks to whoever did the fix!

I do not see it.

I don’t see it either.

It’s not there.

I haven’t seen it in many days. Too bad, it was quite useful.

Tested on Material Design and Light on both firefox and chrome. Not working for me :frowning:

And now it’s gone again.

I wasn’t hallucinating, I swear.

Hmmm.

I believe you. Happened to me a few days ago, see post above on July 9: it was there again, I knew that I saw it, I took a second look before posting. And then it disappeared again; I haven’t seen it since.