What happens if you eat silica gel?

Suppose I ignore the warning on the little bag and decide that silica gel would make a tasty snack. Would it poison me?

I’m pretty sure in the amounts present in those packages it wouldn’t be an issue. But I’m basing my answer on the fact that it’s not an issue when a dog/cat eats them so there’s a good chance I might be wrong.

No, it would not poison you. But it could cause an ulcer in your gastro-intestinal tract.

So it won’t instantly absorb all the fluid from your body, leaving a withered, desiccated husk? Shame.

You get all those people who have been printing those warnings for years and years severely pissed.

The people that were busted off the mattress tag enforcement squad come to see you.

And they’re not happy.