What I made for dinner last night

Crêpes — milk, flour, water, eggs, salt, melted butter.

Stuffed with:

1 lb sausage
2 celery stalks
1 onion
6 white mushrooms
a bunch of fresh parsley
white pepper
sage
thyme
oregano
salt
garlic powder

Stick all of the above in food processor and blend until smooth. Cook over medium heat, drain excess water and fat.

Stuff crêpes with sausage mixture, top with a bit of shredded cheese. Mmmm!

What did you have?

Yum, that’s sounds great!

I make a mammoth casserole or pasta thing and freeze it in meal-size portions so last night was

whole wheat rotini
mushrooms
red peppers
white onion
spinach
ground turkey

With two slivers of Cabot sharp cheddar as a treat.

My husband made his famous Cocktail de Cameron (shrimp cocktail.)

Put into a cocktail/parfait glass:

shrimp
pepper (red, yellow, green, jalapeno, whatever
onions
cucumbers
avocado

Spoon some homemade cocktail sauce over the top and you’ve got a treat!

What I Ate for Dinner Last Night was the last of the leftovers from What I Made for the Election Party Tuesday Night. I may have overestimated my guests appetites by just a bit.

Blueberry pie, cold fried chicken, reheated mashed 'taters, reheated mac’n’cheese, and freshly nuked previously frozen green beans.:frowning:

Except for the beans, I wish I had been at that party! :wink:

Peanut butter sandwich.

Really good burgers.

Here’s what made them good. We have a new panaderia (Mexican bakery) in town, and it bakes fabulous fresh bolillas (buns). They’re crusty, flakey and chewy and about a thousand times better for sandwiches than anything you could get at the supermarket. I toasted up a couple of those and served them up as cheeseburgers, and they were wonderful.

So if you’re lucky enough to have a good panaderia in your town, try making your sandwiches from their bolillas. They make a good loose meat sandwich, too.

Shepherd’s Pie, my first.

1 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound ground veal - browned and mixed with half a diced onion. After draining, I added a little water and Onion soup mix and made a very thin broth to go with it. I put this on the bottom of a casserole dish.

On top of it I added a thick layer of frozen peas.

On top of that was some mashed potatoes, from real potatoes, specifically, unpeeled redskin ones. I mixed this with milk and a packet of Ranch dressing mix, and put the whole thing on top of the peas.

Lastly, a thin layer of shredded cheddar chesses was put on top of that and the whole thing baked in the oven for 30 minutes at 350.

The wife proclaimed it as the best Sheperd’s Pie she’s ever had. I would have done it differently, sticking to a brown gravy and using garlic in the beef.

I went out to dinner last night. Tapas at an authentic Spanish restaurant.

But after that, I went to a breadmaking class. “Rustic Loaves.” I have dough proofing in the kitchen right now and will be putting it in the oven shortly.