What is SODA (all caps IT related acronym)

I got an email from a recruiter

I’m part of the Trust in Soda Division here at …

I look up Soda. Nothing. I ask Gemini (googles AI bot thingie) and it returns nothing whatsoever.

Trust in SODA

I cannot figure out if that is something like SOLID principles (an IT thing (Information Technology))

Anecdotally, this reminds me of when a recruiter asked me if I knew Terraform and I replied, “You mean like changing Mars into a habitable planet” then yes I do! (At least you can google it it’s a CI/CD (also googable)) IT.

S for Software? D for development?

I am really suspecting S for Scientology as it really seems like you ought to know what SODA is.

Bit of a WAG:

Related:

Nice going with your wiki-FU - I tried them after google and gemini (kinda the same thing).

However, the first of the wiki’s is about architecture. Somehow related to the “advent of XML” so it was a standard way of communicating. But fine, this is architecture stuff and if you put your XML data on the Enterprise Service Bus you are indeed good to go. Don Draper could do better yet “Trust in XML” would have worked nicely in the late 90’s.

The second wiki is clearly the one we are supposed to trust. Dunno what Madison-avenue-wannabee came up with “Trust in SODA” yet that wiki blames the coining of the term (SODA) itself on a German company.

SODA: It’s the real thing
SODA: I’m lovin’ it

If the next word in that quote was ‘Trinnovo’, then all it means is that the recruiter is claiming to work for one of their subsidiary companies named SODA whose website is called ‘Trust in SODA’ (probably because they couldn’t get a simpler version of a domain - this is the company you linked to. I suspect their name SODA might just be some brand name they cooked up to sound cool. Possibly the ‘SO’ part is derived from ‘social’, since they witter on a bit about that on their website; the D might be DevOps or Design and maybe the A is what they added when they decided SOD wasn’t a great brand name.

Wait. Scratch that. It stands for ‘Society Of Digital Advocates’; cite:

Yep, it sure was the next word.

Trinnovo Group. We focus on specific exclusively retained projects of work.

I didn’t think it relative.

And damn, I liked the D as DevOps till I read your next. Not gonna watch the video.

• Not run by an Eastern Syndicate
  • Not Scientology

It’s not the real thing. It is not the quicker picker-uppper. I can leave home without it.

Googling that (in quotes) gets me exactly one hit, to one of their pages, and the phrase isn’t visible unless you scroll all the way to the end of a cutesy embedded timeline.

Pretty amateurish.

Sorry, Johnny. I reckon it was diabolically clever. Lots of sublime HTML in that timeline I suspect.

I am starting to trust - nay love - in SODA.

Honestly, it feels like they chose the name before deciding what the acronym would be.

All hail Satan! I mean SODA