What is the best CHEAP beer you've ever had?

I like Rolling Rock, but I don’t count it as a cheap beer, here in the Dallas area it usually costs $6-$7 a six pack.

Icehouse is a good cheap ice beer. It used to cost around $6 a six pack and I bought it a lot then, now it’s around $4. It was the first ice beer on the market down here, quickly followed by Molson Ice and then Bud Ice. All my cheap drunk friends drink Bud Ice.

Olympia Dry is really cheap and doesn’t taste that bad. Keystone is pretty good too, for the price. Schlitz lager is good, too.

I don’t drink beer much anymore - I have grown fond of cider, particularly Hornsby’s Draft Cider. It’s $6 a six pack, is 6% alcohol, and you can drink it like water. It may not taste as good warm, but I never let it get warm. 8^)

Last night I tried the Sam Adams October Fest brew - god it was horrible. Tasted like cheap malt liquor, then I noticed on the label ‘malt liquor’ in small print. What the hell is this doing being sold for $7 a six pack? I could have got a 20 pack of Schlitz Malt Liquor for that, or almost. I never liked malt liquor, too sweet, but I drank a lot of it when I was younger and poor. I finished the six pack of the Sam Adams malt liquor on principle, and I woke up with a terrible hangover! I hardly ever get a hangover, and when I do it’s because I got shit-faced drunk the night before, I have never had one from a single six pack.

Squirrel Manor is located in PottsTOWN, oddly enough. People from elsewhere are always assuming I’m just down the street from the brewery, when it’s actually about 50 miles away.

College days saw a lot of Hamm’s (The Beer refreshing) disappear without a trace. 3.29/case of returnables. Sometimes on sale for 2.99/case.

Otherwise I remember a lot of Goebel in High School…uhh I mean college. (Not a good beer)

Stroh’s in college too. They had just come out with the 15 pack…well it sucked, but you got 3 beers free!

Ah. The Stroh’s 15 pack. I’ve brought about a couple of mid August heatstrokes with those.

I had Landmark beer in Boston, and it cost 11$ for a case of 24 and 2 bags of chips. It did the job.

In many states beer that’s above a certain alcohol percentage has to be labelled “malt liquor”. I doubt your bottle of Sam’s has much in common with a 40 of St. Ides, though.

You can get these in the Dallas area? Where? All I see is a bunch of imports and premium domestic(Pete’s, Sam Adams, etc…) and beyond that, just the regular big 3 swill.

I haven’t ever spotted Schlitz or Olympia in my part of the Metroplex.

OP: My favorite (relatively) cheap beer would have to be Shiner Bock. Not quite so cheap as Bud Light or Coors, but still a damn sight cheaper than Sam Adams or Heineken or Bass.

I second that motion Az. I live in Rochester NY, home of Genesee beer! I’ll have a couple for ya this weekend :wink: