What is the hardest sporting event ticket to get?

I heard a promotion on the radio earlier of a contest where the prize was tickets to your choice of several sports championships/events (including World Series, Super Bowl, Daytona 500). Obviously, some of these are harder to get than others.

So what’s the hardest ticket to get?

Pete Rose’s hall-of-fame ceremony.

Winston (soon to be Nextel) Cup races at Bristol Motor Speedway. It generally takes 3 to 4 years on the waiting list before tickets become available.

A ticket to see the Chicago Cubs in the World Series

I was thinking the World Cup final. Merely because of the worldwide interest.

Also, the World Cup is only held every four years. It gets my vote. Personally though, I’d love tickets to the Super Bowl…

I believe it’s the Masters Golf Tournament, then the NCAA Basketball finals.

The Tonya Harding versus Madonna mud wrestling rematch.

Green Bay Packers season tickets.

With the longest backlog among all teams in the NFL, the average wait is 200 years.

Are you sure you don’t mean 20 years? I can’t wait until 2203. I’ll be dead.

Wow. Gun and I should get on the waiting list now, then.

"If I sign up today, how long will I have to wait?

That’s tough to say, but at the current rate, it will take about 200 years."

Source: http://www.geocities.com/probie.geo/Post-Crescent.html

:eek:
So, 200 years from now, some guy on one of the moon colonies is going to get a call saying he is eligible to purchase season tickets because one of his ancestors signed up and he is the only living decendant?

And that’s assuming that American football and the league still exist in any recognisable form…

But the Bears will still be inept.

That’s easy of course - its the one that you want most…
OK, my real guess would have been the Super Bowl, but it is just a guess.

Tickets to the Men’s Hockey Finals at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. Half of the country is going to want tickets to that.

Actually you can get a ticket to **any and all ** sporting events very easily, it just depends on how much you are willing to pay for it.

Super Bowl tickets are given out through a lottery system I believe, but a friend of mine bought a ticket for last years game between the Raiders and Buccaneers outside Jack Murphy Stadium, the day of the game for $75, which is less tehn 1/2 the face value of the ticket.

I imagine the World Cup Final is the most oversuscribed event in terms of tickets (though you can get tickets to the less fashionable group games, such as those which involve two teams geberally thought of as unlikely to make it past the group stage, quite easily). I imagine there is virtually no way of getting tickets unless you have corporate conatcts or are a member of the supporters group of the FA hosting the tournament.

Should we set the Ebay price as the determining factor? I think I saw Masters Golf tickets on Ebay for $4500.00 (4 day pass). The tickets you see there for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are (1 day) practice rounds.