What is the most beautiful thing you’ve seen lately?

(If you saw it in the mirror, we are going to request a cite!)

A few days ago, I was taking the dog for a walk in the retention pond area near our house. There was no one else around, so I let her off the leash and she took off running. In the direction she was headed, there were no houses to be seen, just a big green expanse and beyond that, lots of pine trees. It took my breath away to see this lovely dog, such a picture of canine joy and health, galloping toward those pretty woods.

When I left the house one day last week, and the crocus, dwarf iris, and itty-bitty daffodils in my lawn were starting to flower.

After the neverending gray yucko winter it was so nice to see some color and growing things.

I was at a local arboretum, very uncrowded due to the season, and I heard soft singing. Shortly thereafter, around a corner came an elderly couple slowly strolling arm in arm, the lady singing to the gentleman.

I rolled over and saw my wife this morning.

I saw my unborn child on a sonogram recently…nothing more beautiful, except my amazing partner.

I was at the Wayside Inn yesterday. I’ve been there a few times before, but never both during the daytime and not in the most frigid of winter.

It’s a beautiful place as far as construction goes, and the land it sits on is beautiful. A friend and I spent about an hour sitting by the pond. I’d love to go back in a few weeks when the trees start to bud.

We also peered through the windows of a one-room school house. Very charming. It’s the school where Mary had a little lamb.

And the grist mill is awesome. They still grind flour the old fashioned way – with water power and some huge-ass rocks.

I rolled over and saw silenus’ wife last night.

d&r

The flags were out at the golf course near my house this morning.

Siggghhhh…

Such loveliness cannot be described.

Pear-orchards in bloom. We saw several yesterday while hiking, like this one. I love Dutch spring season.

Walking with a pretty girl around the Tidal Basin, just off the National Mall. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom, the girl humming some old tune. We seemed entirely alone despite the tourist horde, the slight chill in the air never quite managing to bite - whenever it threatened especially close, she’d take my arm just so, and the wind would slink off in search of easier prey.

As always, my Himalayan cat, Marco. He’s losing his thick cottony winter coat, turning lighter and silkier for the summer, cream colored with dark brown ‘points’. He just sits at me feet, purring, worshipping me. I look into his shining big blue eyes and I can hardly bear it, he is so beautiful.

Driving into work this morning at sunrise, I drove down a road with trees full of white blossoms on both sides, just in bloom.

The Atlantic Ocean with the moon hovering above it last month.

Very recently: Just the flowering trees in the NE USA. Always appreciate the sights of spring.

I rolled over and saw RNATB looking at silenus’s wife. Mmmm mmm.

I rolled over and saw jjimm posting to the is thread.

I attended my first baseball game of 2011 on Saturday. The green grass, the crisp white chalk lines, the first pitch on its way to the plate… Lovely.

I rolled over and saw tdn solidifying a new Doper meme.

I rolled over onto a Lego this morning. It was rather unpleasant.

I saw an old couple… it’s so hard to judge ages because some 50 year old people look 90 and vice versa, but I’ll guess mid-70s… walking through the community garden, which is rather ugly it being so early in the season. They were holding hands.

Ben thinks the old lady on the motorized scooter who pulls her husband in a wheelchair behind her is even cooler but I really like the quiet affection between those two I saw in the garden. It was in the way they looked at each other, too. So sweet.

Your mom!

There’s a window box right next to my window which is right next to my computer desk. No flowers or anything like that, just dead remnants and some dirt. I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and saw two adorable birds chirping and flirting 18 inches away from me.