What is the most interesting thread ever started on the SDMB?

I don’t know why that one cracks me up so much. The fact that the first response is from the original poster 12 hours later is great.

I’d totally missed that one.

My freaking sides are aching! Can’t…stop…laughing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I only got to the second page of the WTC thread and I had to stop reading because I was crying. I still am. It reminded me of everything that went through my head that day.

Interesting, maybe. Emotionally charged, definitely.

I think I need a hug now.

What? No Batman threads?

Any of Wildest Bill’s threads.

That one where posters were talking about the worst thing they ever did while under the influence-one guy admitted to performing oral sex on a gold retriever on a drunken dare.

Then there was that chick who was obsessed with Englebert Humperdinck, and finally, in a Pit thread, near the end, confessed to have done the deed with him when the finally met him.

From Annie’s link:

Posted 09-11-2001, 08:26 AM

That gave me goosebumps. The internet and collections of writing like this are going to be a tremendous resource for historians, sociologists, and the like someday. Really amazing.
[/end hijack]

Thanks, that was one of mine. :slight_smile:

I, too, really enjoy the threads where one learns something. I’ve been privledged to be in some amazing discussions on this board. The multiple AAVE threads were a fascinating look at linguistics in general. Stink Fish Pot’s original GQ got closed down, so I opened a debate to continue and finish the discussion.

Baker’s Finish the Science Fiction Story was quite a bit of fun to do and has been well recieved by friend’s I linked it for. Some real talent exists on this SDMB, I’ll tell you whut.

May 5, 1945 - we shall remember. - what more can I say about this one?
Thanks for letting me ramble…

It was probably lost, but I loved the Very Vaguely Creepy thread.

Currently in Threadspotting: the best “Comment on Cecil’s Columns” thread ever:In the song “Hotel California,” what does “colitas” mean? (15-Aug-1997)

Oops!

Everything you need to know about the SDMB and its history- The SDMB Anthology Project

“Big ass laser…Initials on the moon” is my favorite.

Ask the Wife Who Also Happens to be a 24/7 Slave

The Ask the Gay Guy threads were pretty good, and IIRC are the ones that spawned the “Ask the…” phenomenon. Link goes to the first of them.

I loved the original plane vs. treadmillthread because of the vehemence by which people on both sides, in the middle, and simply on the sidelines expressed themselves and because of the YEARS of follow-up and rebuttal threads it inspired.

The Lord of the Rings thread was fascinating. Who would have thought the premise would be so. . . adaptable.

why was this zombie resurrected? Especially by a longtime member?

Scylla getting waterboarded was a fascinating read.

Who cares? These links are great. I didn’t know I could bookmark a thread, so I’ll start with this one. I’ll be reading these for weeks.

May have been bumped by a spammer, who then got wished to the cornfield.

huh…didn’t even notice. Why so few responses before today?