What is the Name of This Style of Art?

I saw this on the ship on my cruise that I just got off of yesterday (great time, BTW).

Basically it consisted of five clear planes of glass, and on each pane certain images (or constituent parts of a whole image) were painted. When viewed together, they created a sort-of 3-D effect.

I’m sorry if I sound vague, but my knowledge of art is weak and I don’t know how to fully describe it. Does anyone know what this is called?

I don’t remember the name of the style, but if the works were what I’m thinking, we were told that the artist, Yaacov Agam, invented it. He’s done some pretty cool things. My husband liked him enough that we looked up some more of his work after we got home. But it’s not like we can afford to do anything about it, really.

I’m glad you enjoyed your trip.

It sounds much like the multiplane camera system invented by animator Ub Iwerks.

Well I looked up Yaacov, and though his work bears similarities, it’s not precisely what I’m talking about.

And the Ub Iwerks thing is close, but that’s not it either.

Sounds like the work of Xia Xiaowan. Do they look like these?

Jackpot! Thanks a million!!!