What is the origin of your SDMB name?

Will do, next time I get to a big city. Course if you draw my name in The Great Annual Shot Glass Exchange you will know what to get me.

There is a small chain of burrito joints scattered throughout metro Chicago called El Famous Burrito. I’ve probably only been a half dozen times in 15+ years. While the burritos were fine, the real impression on me was the amusing name. (And time/maturity hasn’t changed my position one bit; it’s still a funny name.)

Huh. Whenever I see your username, I see a classical assembly language mnemonic, “Logical Shift Left", which moves the bits in a binary number upward (leftward).

And whenever I see LSLGuy, being a manufacturing engineer, I think, “Lower Specification Limit? Is there a USL Guy around here somewhere, too?”

Banksias grow in our part of the world. The Big Bad Banksia Men terrorised Snugglepot and Cudlepie and the other Gumnut babies, and gave children nightmares (warning - sounds of the Australian bush).

S/370 assembler is the gift of acronyms that keeps on giving. Goode Tymes those were.

Who knew my name was such an occupational Rorschach test? :wink:

Funny enough, in aviation I’m not aware of any LSL acronym. There is a tiny airport in Costa Rica that uses LSL as the IATA identifier, but beyond that I got nuthin’.

Lake St Louis?

I was thinking Lower St. Louis. Like one of those trendy hip neighborhoods in San Fran or NYC, excerpt LSL would be full of barbecue joints and Mississippi Delta Blues clubs.

I want to go to there!

I got it.

Whereas I see it and think “Psychedelic drug fan! Oh, wait, no, that says LSL…”

Well, we do have a member who goes by EllisDee – make of that what you will.

Because I am so Glorious.

I was on another board for a while and came up with my original name just on a whim, without any thought. When I signed up here, then I just reused it.

Later, as I’m really quite a boring guy then I changed one letter to reflect that. I’m not longer in Japan and have thought about getting a new name with no connection to there.

I really like Futurama.

I got doxxed on a Prodigy board around 1990, 1991, realized internet anonymity isn’t a real thing early on, so I just registered as first name, last initial.

Did I just get whooshed?

What are you talking about? There was a cite and everything.

I remember a poster called Spice Weasel. As I recall, she was a mod for several months. You must be someone else, otherwise you would not be “Guest”.

I would advise caution. There were rumors that a pair of sparkly jackboots were never turned in.