What is the worst or most condescending advice you have been given?

My experience is similar to monstro and jz78817 in that there are a number of things that I cannot do, and I don’t enjoy them much anyway. Dancing? Love the contact with something warm and female (human only, before you ask) but the best I can do is to mechanically stumble through the movements. I just have problems with a sequence of movements, and it’s the same for sport. I love skiing, but I’ll never be much good.

I cannot sing or play any instrument, I quickly realized the latter when trying to learn guitar and piano. Occasionally people say to me: “But you can do it if you try.” I wish, but I am completely without musical talent and know it.

On looking back, I am hard pressed to think of ever getting any really bad advice. My mistakes were all my own. As for condescending, that mostly involved advice on how to deal with the ladies. Being a very bashful person in my youth, such advice tended just to make matters worse.

But I cured my bashfulness after discovering computer BBS and flame wars. :grinning: