What Is Your A.Q. (Autism Quotient)?

The Autism Research Center at the University of Cambridge has several interesting online tests that may be useful in assessing autism and Asperger’s Syndrome-

http://www.autismresearchcentre.com/tests/default.asp

I took the Autism Quotient (A.Q.) test and scored a 25/50, which is roughly midway between the scores of those diagnosed with Asperger’s and those of a control group.

I also recommend taking the Eyes Test (Adult). I took this and performed slightly better than average, which surprised me because the test seemed extremely difficult (imagine trying to read the emotion ‘Insisting’ solely by looking at a black and white photograph of a pair of eyes).

So what is your Autism Quotient? What did you think of the test(s)??

Thanks.

It involves downloading things and giving out my email. Bah to that!

How are you supposed to score the AQ test?

Yeah, the AQ test is a word document. We aren’t supposed to send this in for an analysis, are we?

Sorry, here’s how to score the test-

http://www.autismresearchcentre.com/docs/papers/2001_BCetal_AQ.pdf

"*Scoring the AQ

‘Definitely agree’ or ‘slightly agree’ responses scored 1 point, on the following items: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 33, 35, 39, 41, 42, 43, 45, 46.

‘Definitely disagree’ or ‘slightly disagree’ responses scored 1 point, on the following items: 1, 3, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 40, 44, 47, 48, 49, 50.*"

I got 21 of 50 on the Autism Quotient, for what that’s worth.

Hmmm…I got 38 out of 50. That’s pretty high, according to them. eeek.

I got 41/50.
However, expectations of the results may have biased my answers since I’ve thought for a long time that I actually have Asperger’s.

I got 36 out of 50.

13/50

I thought I’d get higher than that, being a male math student and all (look at their results to see what I mean)

The questions were all pretty transparent, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I can’t really comment on the content since I don’t know much about Autism.

28/50, and that’s low by my estimation. Anyone will tell you I am SO Asperger’s…

mm

6/50 on AQ
32 out of 38 on the eye test

Um…make that “32 out of 36 on the eye test.”

I gotta agree. Once, maybe, but for every single section?

This is too much work for idle curiosity - is there a link that I can just click on things and have it score my results automatically?

If you go to Wired magazine and search “Asperger’s” they have an online quiz that gives your “Asperger’s Qoutient”. No downloading or email required.

Aspergers is supposed to be a form of autism.

whistlepig

13/50. So does this mean I display Autistic characteristics 25% of the time?

Clinking the link to the research paper just below the test link gives you the test without having to fill out a form (it’s in the appendix).

My A.Q. - 23

Or the ADD. I’m idly curious where I stand on the Too Lazy and Uninterested To Do It -to- Too ADD To Be Able To Do It continuum but not curious enough to take a test.

35/50

It appears I share a number of characteristics with someone with aspergers but I’m pretty sure I don’t have it. Judging by what I’ve read, there are a few glaring differences.

Interesting though, nonetheless.