What is your favorite car color?

A pearl color. White is awesome, black looks great when clean, but that isn’t that often. I settled for inferno red. It’s not a pearl color, but at least it’s metallic.

Hijack alert…

What color for Japanese cars?

\Hijack

Black is beautiful when it’s clean.

I like Mustang blue, like my 91 GT: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2405/2038846643_42770a0158.jpg

For a daily driver, I’ve found silver is really nice. Always looks fairly clean from 10 feet away.

White, with a red circle on the hood. (For a road car, I think you can get away without the red circle.)

Apparently, an Egyptian car should be pale violet. Is there anything Wikipedia can’t teach us?

I like the greens.

I asked because Subaru is always blue and yellow, but I saw that you had blue for France. I’ll have to spend some time on Wiki, thanks.

Cayenne Orange, on a vintage Mercedes.
Still miss that car.

Silver/Blue. My Frontier is technically silver, but it reflects the blue sky so well it looks blue.

It’s kind of a footnote to international racing history. The same rules that gave us British Racing Green specified colors for lots of other countries, too. The system broke down in the late 60’s, when teams started selling sponsorships and painting their cars in the colors of whoever would give them the most money.

There are still occasional echoes of the past; lots of red Ferraris, and Jaguar and Mercedes prototypes in the 80’s were BRG and silver, respectively. (The irony is that in the 30’s, Mercedes sanded the white paint off their car the night before a race to make the weight limit, and became famous for their silver color. In the 80’s, the cars were made of composites, and had to be painted.) The Wikipedia list, with some examples, is here.

I’m just being charmingly eccentric to keep the idea alive. But I do have two cars, in arguably correct colors.

We had a 96 Ford Explorer that was a really cool green. That has been my favorite color on a car so far.

It was sort of a light sage green, with some metallic flecks, and would sort of change color in the sun.

This is a pictureof it, but it was cloudy out that day, and the car isn’t nearly as pretty as it is in person. I hated to sell it. Now we have another explorer. that is forest green. I like that too, but it is much more common.

I had a 77 lincoln town car that was metallic blue. It was had 3 coats of clear on it and in the sunrise or sunset it would reflect the light like a mirror. my friends would call it the land shark. Dark on the top, light on the bottom.

Ahhhhhhh… the days of my youth.

We used to joke that we picked the tan vehicle because it would hide the most dust.

It was as if the thing went from dull to shiny when we washed it, but it never really changed color.

I really like several shades of yellow for older - 60s-70s - convertibles.

For newer cars, I don’t know that I have a strong preference. Right now we have a dark red and dark blue. They are fine.

Yup. My 1993 SL1 was that color. Now I have a dark red 2008 Aura, which I also love - in fact, this looks exactly like my car, color and all: http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2007/03/Saturn-Aura.jpg

Red. Really Red. Red. I love a red car. I want a candy apple red with gold striping.

Why all the hate for black? Yeah it’s work keeping it clean but when it is it really is the best car color.

I mean IMHO and all.

I’d love to own a black car if you’ll keep it washed and waxed for me. :smiley:

Rust. You never have to apply touch up paint.

People say black is hard to keep clean…I say that all cars are equally hard to keep clean. I think it’s pretty easy to tell a waxed and washed car from an unwaxed and unwashed car regardless of color.

Antelope Firemist