What is your go-to comfort album?

Album, CD, 8-track, reel-to-reel or whatever-what person or group’s musical collection most comforts you when life turns to shit? Please note that “album” is singular, and that I am not looking for you to provide a list of your entire music collection-I just want you to pick that one musical collection that most comforts you personally.

For me, it would have to be Donovan’s “Cosmic Wheels”. Slipping on the headphones, From the title song to the end song(“Appearances”) it is a pleasure to listen to.

And you?

A Day Without Rain, the first Enya album I bought. It was an impulse purchase after I heard “Wild Child” playing out of a kiosk.

So many to choose from, but when I’m in a particular mood Joni Mitchell - Blue really hits me right.

Electric Light Orchestra’s Out of the Blue. It takes me back to a simpler time in my life, and the songs on it are associated with good memories.

(A close second-place would be the soundtrack album to Star Wars, for similar reasons. Interestingly, both albums were released within a few months of one another.)

The Jaws soundtrack. :shark:

(A close second – Prelude by (Eumir) Deodato.)

Miles Davis – “Kind of Blue” (never gets old!)

Beatles’ Abbey Road.

Hot Rats

Fiona Apple – Tidal.

The Wonderful and Frightening World of The Fall.

I love getting a massage to Olias of Sunhillow by Jon Anderson

It has a JRRT quality about it that reminds me of Eärendil the Mariner

Los Straitjackets Rock en Español Every song on there just makes me smile.

Very nice choice.

Are compilations allowed? If so, James Taylor’s Greatest Hits.

mmm

Appetite for Destruction—Guns N Roses

Not sure about “comfort” but Black Flag’s Damaged has helped me work through many things

I’m not sure I would call it a comfort album. But there’s one album I occasionally play that makes me feel like I’m in a different dimension, yet puts me in a very soothing mood: Not Available by The Residents. I don’t know how to describe it, other than to say it’s unlike any other album I’ve heard. I’ve probably played it at least 300 times, and I’ll probably play it another 300 times.

Well, firmly in the “comfort” category:

I had a horrible three-day panic attack, and Crowded House’s Woodface was a big part of my self-therapy.

Especially It’s Only Natural, Weather With You and Italian Plastic… but here’s the whole thing:

Band On The Run 25th Anniversary Edition–specifically the 2nd disc with alternate takes along with Paul and special guests reminiscing about making the album and taking the cover photo.

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People

It’s a masterpiece from start to finish and it reminds me of a very good time in my life. When the last notes of “Find The River” come to a end, I’m always happy.

Depends on what sort of comfort I’m looking for. But probably Pet Sounds.