What is your go to "salad"?

most of the salads I makeare for sandwiches ………

Spinach, with seared ahi tuna. Yum!

Chicken ceasar is my go-to on the relatively rare occasions that I dine out - if I’m feeling like eating helathy-ish.

Our store stocks a kale salad-in-a-bag w. pine nuts, and (I think) dried cranberries. Mighty tasty.

Medieval German orange & mint salad:

supreme of 6 oranges - a couple should be Seville if you can get them
handful of mint leaves, chopped (chiffonadeis better)
teaspoon salt
juice of 1 lemon

Toss to mix

The lemon juice is because modern oranges are sweeter than the medieval. This salad is *great *with fatty meats like roast pork or duck…

What the hell kind of unit of measure is a supreme?

It’s obviously not a measurement. It’s a technique: How To Supreme an Orange - TheCookful

Go to salad for dining out out is the Cobb, if I can get the restaurant to sub feta for vleu cheese.

At home, I make salad out of whatever is in the crisper or fresh in the garden or that I scored at the market. I avoid kale, but any other green or veggie is A-ok with me. I don’t hate store bought dresdings, but prefer to whip up my own if time permits.

My dining out choice is a wedge salad.
At home it’s simpler; diced avocado, sliced hearts of palm and vinaigrette.

At restaurants: caesar salad

At home: shredded lettuce, croutons, Hidden Valley Greek yogurt ranch dressing

Amateur! :wink:

Wendy’s apple pecan chicken. Whaddya know…healthy fast food. Not that I never have some chicken nuggets and french fries :o

Okay, someone explain the wedge salad to me. I recall the first time I heard of it - my sister and BIL were taking us out to eat at their club, and said, “The wedge salad is excellent.” So I ordered it, and they brought me a plate w/ a honking wedge of iceberg lettuce! WTF? How is that even considered a DISH to come out of a professional kitchen?

power greens with a bit of iceberg, a sprinkle of dried fruit/nut medley, whatever else I want to fish out of a jar like olives, anchovy etc. then a grated or crumbled cheese, then the dressing could be creamy or a vinaigrette. finally topped with croutons or something crunchy, like Cheetos (k/nk) lol

Toz-mai

Our two faves are both home made;

Caesar Salad with chicken (usually leftover roast!), and garlic bread.

Spinach with fresh thin sliced mushrooms, bacon bits, sliced strawberries, sliced hard boiled egg on top, slivered almonds, and a sweetish poppy and sesame seed dressing I buy at a local cafe! It’s tres yummy!