What is your standard, fallback, baseline food you can eat at anytime?

Pizza.

Cheese. With scrambled eggs and toast if I want a meal.

Stove Top Stuffing.
Red beans and Rice
Ham sandwiches
Ritz crackers with slices of cheese and peanut butter.

Sour cream & onion dip and Baked Ruffles. I loooooce dip.

Ice Cream (preferably Chocolate Chip) or a McDonald’s Filet O Fish.

Add my vote in for taters.

At a recent buffet lunch with friends, my “buffet buddy” apparently lost me and asked another friend where I went.
Her reply was “I think I saw it at the potatoes.”

If you ever need to find me, that’s where I’ll be.

Another for cold cereal with milk. Cereals I like must be whole-grain and contain some dried fruit and some kind of nuts. Currently eating a Newman’s Own/Kirkland Signature (Costco) Blueberry Walnut something-or-other.

Hm. I’d say macaroni and cheese, peanut better and jelly, and bran flakes with a little bit of half & half added to the milk with sugar. Of course, all three of these things have been mentioned in the thread already, so I’m hardly original :(.

Turkey sandwiches. If I’m feeling fancy, I like them with avocado and sprouts or lettuce, but I’ll take them any way I can get them. A little mayo and some spicy mustard… oh yeah!

I would eat mexican food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I could eat it every day. As for around the house, I like dill pickles or popsicles for snacks and could make a “meal” out of a tortilla with beans or cheese or both almost any night. It’s so easy to just plop it on a paper towel and put it in the microwave. And it’s so filling and delicious.

PB sammich.

I am with Susie. If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be corn flakes or rice krispies or any of the above :smiley:

BLTs, and bacon egg and cheese sandwiches. Why yes, I do like bacon.

Refried beans, cheese and hot sauce with flour tortillas or tortilla chips. This is my standard hangover cure, too. Biscuits and sausage gravy is the other hangover cure I can eat any old time.

Toast and jam.

Oatmeal cookies–it’s an addiction!

Toasted three cheese sammich on garlic sourdough bread.

Quesadillas, with or without chicken.

Chicken caesar sandwiches with avocado and asiago cheese.

Pizza, yup, any kind of pizza is doable at any time.

I can eat salad any time.

Cheesy gordita crunches from Taco Hell–I suspect crack is involved!

Dried apple chips and rice cakes, washed down with iced tea.

Sushi. Had it twice in one day a few times and while it’s not the best thing for the ol’ wallet, it’s still yummy.

Tacos from the roach coach or taqueria. Usually asada, but sometimes carnitas, pollo, or even lengua depending on my mood.

Love 'em.

Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.

Ultimate baseline? I’ll put a potato in the microwave. If I get carried away I’ll add vegetables.

Soup. (Ultimate baseline, tomato soup. Very non threatening.)

Of course I’ve had no appitite even for that recently so I’ve been living on milk and fruit juice.

Popcorn. I just had a bag.

I think the term you’re looking for is “comfort food”. Mine are Kraft Mac and Cheese, steak, cheese, dark chocolate.