What is your standard, fallback, baseline food you can eat at anytime?

My baseline foods must be cheap, filling, and utterly trivial to cook.
Soft-boiled eggs w/ toast and butter and a dash of Cholula.

PBJ (of course)

Pasta with olive oil, chopped tomatos, and fresh herbs.

Cereal. I don’t even like it that much, but it’s fast.

Really? Fries, too. Preferably with cheese and gravy.

Nachos.

Pulled pork.

Cereal. I have that fairly often for supper. I don’t eat breakfast that often.

Scrambled eggs. If Im feeling fancy Il chop up veggies and add in some leftover meat, otherwise I just mix in whatever cheese I have laying around at the time.

Otherwise, Il stop at the grocery store for some cheap beef and make a nice spicy curry.

Tomaters. You can throw just about anything you have in your cupboard in with some tomaters and have something good to eat. They’re yummy stir-fried too.

Bagels. Preferably Noah’s (that’s Einstein Bros. for some of you folks) potato peppercorn bagels but Safeway’s plain bagels will do. With or without cream cheese. What a mouthful of goodness!

Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich with fries and a Diet Coke. I was strictly a burger person until I tried the Spicy Chicken. Nummers!

And of course, pizza. Especially if the sausage has lots of fennel seeds. I love biting into those.

Not feeling like cooking, and not feeling inspired? A piece of cheese toast will always do me.

Feeling only very slightly more inspired? Garlic noodles: boil the spaghetti, drain it, saute a bunch of garlic in a bunch of olive oil, add some salt and pepper (and maybe some tomato and herbs if I’m feeling very fancy), stir the noodles back in, and eat with a lot of parmesan. I can always eat that.

Daniel