What's your "go-to" comfort food

Say you’ve had a crappy day and you’re feeling blue - what’s the food you reach for (or prepare) more often than not?

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy. Since I don’t regularly have these sitting around I have to go to a nearby cafe and get it. But they do a pretty good job. Hmmm. Maybe I can talk myself into a funk and go there later…

Scrambled eggs with toast. My GTCF since childhood.

Sausage, egg, chips and beans.

Or more precisely, two English sausages, one fried egg, fries and Heinz baked beans.

Kraft macaroni and cheese, which I eat about once a year.

Also Coke, which I only allow myself to drink when I’m sick.

4 inch diameter Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies (like you had to ask). :smiley:

Pasta (if it’s “real” food). Chocolate if not.

This. But I need green beans too. They must be canned.

Enchiladas.

Fried potatoes & onions (heavy on the onions), cooked to a tender crisp, in a big, cast iron skillet. Sometimes with franks tossed on top, when it’s close to being done.

Spaghetti with meat sauce. Easy to make, delicious, and filling.

Breakfast for dinner.

Specifically, any combination of fried eggs, breakfast sausage or bacon or ham or fried polish sausage, home style fried potatoes and onions, toast with butter and strawberry jam, ketchup, pickles. A tall iced coke.

In front of the TV.

Something in between risotto and chicken-rice soup, possibly with an egg on top, if I’m sad and ill.
If I just need comfort food, biscuits and gravy hits the spot.

You hoity toity folks.

Give me Taco Bell. With Fire Sauce. I will inhale some Taco Bell with no shame if I’ve had bad day.

What’s this “actual food” thing? If I’ve had a bad day (and I want to compound it with some bad nutrition), I reach for chocolate - maybe chocolate cake, even - or ice cream. Ice cream with chocolate on it. What can I say? I’m a traditionalist.

Something involving potatoes. Chips, baked, fried, mashed, whatever. Potatoes.

I’ve never really understood the term comfort food. When I’m depressed or feeling down, I don’t have an appetite.

Arby’s Beef & Cheddar, no Arby’s Sauce, extra cheddar.

Onion rings. Preferably thin sliced.

Kraft mac & cheese in the blue box and dammit, I will eat the whole thing.