What lite version do you prefer over the original?

I thought this thread was going to be about free versions of apps.

I like Coke Zero. I think that’s the only low-fat/sugar-free/0% anything I consume.

I’ve gotten accustomed to Diet Coke - regular Coke taste like syrup to me nowadays.

Lite Cheez-Its are a) crunchier b) less greasy and c) lower calorie than regular Cheez-Its.

Mmmm, Cheez-Its.

I LOVE that stuff. I try to hold it down to a can per day.

I don’t care for full-sugar colas, but enjoy the acidic bite of a good diet cola. Love that caffeine!

Low-fat cottage cheese. (The comments above about ricotta–yeah, that.)

If indulging in salami: the low-fat version my regular supermarket stocks is much tastier than the full-fat version. (This is a pre-sliced product, suitable for sandwiches.)

I am so used to diet soda that regular soda tastes like the liquid candy it is.

Like another posted, I have used skim milk for so long that regular milk feels like cream.

I love lite chedder cheese. There is something about the texture.

Spam Lite
Low sodium soy and teriyaki sauces
Mary Kitchen low fat corned beef hash

Lite margarine is usually better in that it doesn’t contain milk. I seem to remember liking a light version of Cool Whip. Other than that, it’s been a while since I’ve had the freedom of variety in my diet to try out lite versions.

The exception is light mayo, which is quite nasty.The whole reason I like mayonnaise is that it isn’t sweet. That stuff is sweeter than Miracle Whip.

I always liked BBEdit Lite and seldom had any use for the additional bells / whistles / power features of BBEdit.

… what?

In addition to these, I generally prefer the light or low-cal version of things.

But one that I like that most people don’t even think about is: I prefer sugar-free Altoids (wintergreen flavor) to the regular mints. They taste about 100x better than the originals.

I like Baked Lays over regular Lays.

Little Debbie used to make low fat brownies that I used to like much more than their regular brownies but those are no longer made.

I can think of a lot more. I used to be on Weight Watchers and my mother used to eat a lot of “Diet Foods” so I’ve tried my share and ended up liking a lot of different stuff.

I second this. I get this at Subway when I eat there. I love it.

Nintendo DS

Coke Zero

Diet Coke is canned vomit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coors.

Coors Light is like beer flavored water, I can drink it all day.

Low fat sour cream and light cream cheese. I like their consistency far better.

I prefer real mayo thinned with lemon juice. If no lemon juice is handy, I prefer light mayo.

I like baked (potato, sweet potato, tortilla) chips. Regular chips make me feel icky.

I’ll add my vote to Diet Mountain Dew. The insane amounts of sugar in the “real” stuff actually makes my throat hurt.

Diet Coke

Coke Zero is canned vomit. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought this thread was for software. I was thinking of the lite version of photoshop

Coke Zero.

I actually get pretty sad when an eating establishment doesn’t have Coke Zero and I’m “forced” to get Diet Coke.