What part of the "short" in shorts mystifies them?

People of either gender can still obtain shorts the old-fashioned way: make cutoffs from your old jeans!

I think we’ve stumbled onto the answer, here, Otto: shop in the women’s department! :smiley:

I concur. I prefer longer shorts myself, but I’m pretty sure I’ve come accross some less-long ones at places like these.

Sporting good store should have shorts of all lengths, from Daisy Duke to thug.

I like longer shorts, too. I won’t let just anybody see my knees.

Congratulations on losing all that weight, Otto. You deserve to treat yourself to some nice new clothes.

Thanks for the link to the Aussie rowing shorts, Otto. My, my, my. Those were some good-looking…shorts.

I work in a warehouse part of the day in Houston (no airconditioning!) and I started making the rounds a month or so ago to get a few pairs of shorts for the summer. I have the same problem as the other girls in this thread, no shorts that show less than the bottom of my butt cheeks hanging out.

Our customers are almost exclusively male, and I just don’t need that kind of attention, I get enough wearing pants.

~J

Otto–if yer not too proud and don’t mind…have you cruised your local thriftshops? I found a pair of Gap khaki shorts at ours one day whilst making a donation (ours is a Christian charity…we were donating our old kitchenette set–table and 4 chairs)for just a buck! And if I’d had more than 3 bucks on me,I woulda bought more…there were LOTS of shorts (and I don’t mean long shorts…I mean SHORTS…these hit me right above the knee by about an inch).:slight_smile:

Just a suggestion.

IDBB

I’ll second the thrift store idea. I picked up a couple pairs of shorts and there were a TON more in my size, and I can never find my “Pants For The Larger-Assed Man” on the rack. All kinds of really nice stuff for one to three bucks.

[RAtM]
Now testify
Testify
It’s right outside your door.
Now testify
Testify
It’s now in MPSIMS too
[/RAtM]

The one in MPSIMS smells a little fresher, though.

I disagree. I think as long as you’re covered, and you haven’t got your butt cheeks hanging out it should be OK…but it isn’t, I realize, these days! The old tennis shorts, before they got long, I think that was a comfortable length, as were the OP shorts of the 70s. Those were really short by today’s standards, hitting about mid thigh.

The one in MPSIMS is someone else’s problem, but I’ll close this one down.

Lynn
For the Straight Dope