What performer would you pay $200/ticket to see?

He puts on a -really- good show. We saw him on the tour when It’s All About The Pentiums was his latest parody tune.

I’d pay $200 a seat to see:

• Paul McCartney
  • The original MKII Deep Purple lineup
  • Simon & Garfunkel
  • Led Zeppelin

I’m not sure there is anybody I’d do that for now, but I have paid much more than that to see Depeche Mode at one point.

By the time a band is in a stage that they can charge 200$ per ticket, they are no longer in a stage that I care to see them. So, no one.

Just did pay that much to see Jeff Beck…he was with that Clapton fellow, but I paid the money to see Beck. Totally worth it to me.

No one. $200 is outrageous. :o

If I could borrow Jackmannii’s time machine, I’d definitely pay $200 to go see Alice back in the day. As to now, I can’t think of anyone I’d pay that much for. Although Kiss would be pretty cool at half the price.

Not only that, but there’s a big difference between, “Would you pay $200 to see XXX” and “Here, I have tickets for XXX, gimme $200” That is, I think a lot of people would pay $200 to see a concert in theory, but when actually presented with the $200 ticket, it might seem a bit more expensive.

I would like to book a seat on this time machine, if I may. I think Freddy Mercury was a once in a lifetime talent.

We just paid about $150/ticket to see Jersey Boys in Las Vegas. I’d have paid another $50 to see it. It was a great show.

Absolutely agreed. We went to see him for the first time two years ago. I’m a bigger fan of him than my wife is, but both of us felt that he and the band just put on a great show, which is why were were so eager to see him again.

His opening act that time was Steve Winwood, which was the Lucky Strike extra, as far as I was concerned. :slight_smile:

Likewise! But, heck, I think I would’ve paid $200 to see Paul Rodgers with them, too…

Nirvana

The Beatles

I know they aren’t around, but that’s what I’d pay that much to see.

I’d pay at least that to see Genesis fronted by Gabriel. But now Peter won’t even be with them at the Rock and Roll HOF induction ceremony next week.

I would pay that and more to see Prince, U2, Madonna… that’s probably it. I did pay $150 to see Prince almost 10 years ago, so that’s about right. Completely worth it. The problem with the older singers- 60 plus- is that their voices tend to fade along with everything else, to where eventually they don’t even have it anymore, and then you’re just paying for the nostalgia.

I’ve pretty much seen everyone I want to see so probably no one. Although I definitely would for baseball or hockey playoffs.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve decided it isn’t worth it–at any price–to go to a concert and see a performer from half a mile away. I want to the stage to fill my field of vision and the sound overwhelm all those people who like to talk and make cellphone calls during the concert. So I don’t mind spending $$$ to see a performer that I really like.

I’ve paid top dollar for a good reserved seat (first 15 rows or so) for bands like The Who, Stones, The Police, McCartney, etc. Luckily there are some medium-sized venues in the Bay Area that have general admission at reasonable ($30-$60) prices . It’s pretty easy to get right up front at those shows.

I’d pay to see the Rolling Stones again. 46 years since I’ve seen them–their very first concert in NYC. 3rd row center, purchased with high school allowance money (cheap), and no hassel getting tickets. It was the movie theater that later became the Palladium; we went to the manager’s office only about 2 weeks before the concert. It was before they were a real big deal. :smiley:

I’d see Paul McCartney too. Saw the Beatles in Shea Stadium. Nosebleed seats and couldn’t hear a thing for all the screaming.

Yeah, I’m old…

Even though I’ve seen them close to a dozen times, I wouldn’t hesitate to pay considerably more than $200 to see Oingo Boingo together again. Unfortunately Danny Elfman has stated that it’s out of the question.

I’ll also agree with those that said Queen, with Freddie of course.

The thing is, for $200 bucks you can get a pass to a music festival (local or national) that lasts 3 days and see a dozen or more artists more than once!

But for a one time concert, Peter Gabriel for sure…maybe a couple other living legens Simon and garfunkel, Don and Phil Everly…

I paid I think $120 a ticket to see Tom Waits last year, and it was so good I would definitely pay $200 to see him again. The person I would pay that to see currently is Lady Gaga, and judge me all you want!

Yeah, I would consider paying that for her, and for pretty much the same reason as Kylie Minogue – exceptional showmanship. But having said that, I don’t really like her songs as well as Kylie’s and she lacks Minogue’s uber-glamour and beauty. So, maybe yes, maybe no when it comes to Lady Gaga, whereas with Minogue it would be a definite yes.