What singers or groups do you inexplicably hate ?

To me the inexplicable part is that anyone could like:

Creed
Journey
Duran Duran
Guns 'n Roses
Hall 'n Oates
Emmen Imp

Creed and Kylie Minogue…both of which either cause me to reach to change the station or conversely paralyze me so I can’t do anything but listen with growing horror.

Keith

I am surprised that so many posters dislike Creed.
The object of my inexplicable hate is Mariah Carey. I don’t understand it. She has a nice voice, I guess, but something about her has always been repulsive to me for some reason.

Count me in as another hating Creed.

Others:

The Cranberries
Alanis Morrissette
The Cure
Bob Dylan
Metallica (I used to be a fan but now they just annoy me)

I was going to say Marilyn Manson, but that’s hardly “inexplicable,” seeing as how he gladly provides 400 different reasons for all of humanity to detest him. But here’s one that IS inexplicable: I absolutely cringe whenever I see the Dave Matthews Band. I don’t know why. They seem like a regular bunch of guys, but they aggrevate the heck out of me. Maybe it’s because DM seems to be trying to sound like John Fogerty all the time.

Or maybe not. :rolleyes:

All of the above
plus
Disco (it wasn’t funny the first time)
REO Speedwagon and the rest of that girl metal (the aforementioned Bon Jovi, Air Supply and their ilk)
Brian Adams
Adult Contemporary - Elton John, Kenny G, Celine Dion… and other soft hit schlock-meisters
99% of stuff on commercial radio

#1 on my hate list has to be Macy Gray…actually she takes up 6 of the top 10 spots.
I dislike her crap so much, i broke a CD single of her’s in front of some idiot who requested her nasally irritating song at work a few weeks ago.
AAAhhhh, felt so good, and the guy who made the request didn’t take the hint. He asked for some other R’n’B crap.

Avril Lavigne . . .

Stupid, ugly, talentless, wannabe-punk skank . . .

My hatred for her is like an enormous tumor pulsing in the center of my brain . . .

I’m gonn have a stroke one of these days and it’ll all be her fault.

No seriously, I don’t hate her or anything, but I think her music stinks and I don’t think she’s very good looking, so it’s like, what’s the point?

Can I count Carson Daly? (Well, he host a music show.) Something about him pisses me off, but I haven’t figured out what yet.

i hate to see chinese people rapping. i hate to see 10-year olds rapping. i hate to see ugly white people rapping ( fat-joe ).

rapping is stupid, ok, i don’t mind … its not supposed to be intelligent, its supposed to be macho … so i am fine with DMX for example … but, but little romeo ?

oh, i also hate celine dion.

Creed
Celine Dion
Mariah Carey
Steve Miller Band
Nelly
Grateful Dead

Blech.

Creed
Nelly Furtado
Michelle Branch
Christina Aguilara - Skank Incarnation
Avril Lavigne
Guns and Roses
Macy Gray
David Lee Roth
Mariah Carey - Skank Incarnation

The Hives

I wanted to say Sum 41, but they don’t count because I know I hate them for their trite, inane lyrics.

Me too. For me, it’s the smugness.

I had the misfortune to see Creed live as an opening act & that was more than enuf.

There are few acts that I really HATE - all of the boy “bands” come to mind - how can you be a band when you don’t play an instrument? - but there are many that I scrupulously avoid.

Spice girls, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne

They’re killer bugs from the planet Zur, I tell you!

:sound of Bong eaten by the bugs from planet Zur:

SEE?

Slipknot
Marilyn Manson (although I do like a few of his songs that have real lyrical content)
Nine Inch Nails
99% of White Zombie/Rob Zombie’s stuff
Pretty much any band where they either a) scream instead of sing, b) never play more than three chords dring the song, or c) fill their songs and videos with thoughtless glorifications of things I abhor.

Led Zeppelin. I don’t have a good reason; it’s just a personal prejudice.

Vince Gill. I hate him. For many people, this would not be unusual, I imagine, but I’m a country music fan.

Celine Dion is the antichrist.

Kid Rock. He’s so cocky and full of himself and has to say his name TEN MILLION FREAKING TIMES in every song. And he’s so…sleazy. Eew. OK, so maybe it’s not inexplicable.