What six FICTIONAL people would you invite to dinner?

You’ve got a point here, Kat, but I assumed that I would be cooking, and I would be embarassed to present the humble results to Vlad. I figure the ones on my list would accept the homey fare I cook. Of course, with a godslayer sitting by a high-up servant of the gods, a world’s greatest mercenary captain (who hates bards) chatting with a hippie balladeer, a notorious punster needling everyone, and a time-travelling Irishman keeping things merry, it may be that no one would even notice that there was food on the table.

Come to think of it, maybe I’ll just stay in the kitchen and listen…

Hercules Poirot and Miss Marple.

That way if somebody croaks during dinner, they’ll be able to figger out who the murderer was.

huh. I haint no fool.

Yes, but doesn’t that virtually guarantee that someone will croak during dinner? And do you have a nice library for all the “action” to take place in?

Wait a minute…three people at dinner, one dies…that gives decent odds of taking out either Poirot or Marple. Carry on, Ruby, and I salute your courage in this risky undertaking! :smiley:

1. Alfred E Neuman
  2. Obi Wan Kenobi
  3. Indiana Jones
  4. Atticus Finch
  5. Superman
  6. Harry Redington (aka Hairy Red)
  1. Jesus Christ, for the free booze
  2. Hi Opal!
  3. Inspector Legrasse, for the stories
  4. Tyler Durden
  5. ???
  6. Profit!
  1. Hannibal Lecter
  2. The Joker
  3. Kaiser Soze
  4. Dracula
  5. Fu Manchu
  6. Frank Castle

Well, that one would be fun to watch. For about minute. :wink:

I was thinking Gregor Samsa, but that could get ugly…

Death, from the Sandman series, cos she’s so lovely and charming. The ultimate addition to anything, anywhere.
Susan from the Discworld series. her reactions on meeting death of the Endless would be great, plus I have a soft spot for her.
Donnie Darko. Seemed like a nice guy.
Oz from BtVS. Didn’t get enough screen time, kinda charming, in a monosylibic sort of way.
Molly from Neuromancer. Don’t know why, I think she’d be an interesting addition.
Magenta from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Like Oz, she didn’t get the screen time she deserved. So I’ll invite her to dinner - seem fair?
And now the real question…what would you feed them?

…what would you feed them?

On reflection, I think I’d ask each of them to bring a plate. At the very least it’d spark some conversation…

…Susan are those sheep eyes?’
‘That bloody raven!’…

Dirk Struan - Tai Pan
Siddhartha
Prometheus (If he counts)
Merlin (From the Mary Stewart books)
Azlan
Mercutio - Romeo and Juliet

All the different Doctor Who’s would prove interesting.

Harry Flashman (from the Flashman books)
John Constantine (from Hellblazer)
Hannibal Lector
Harry Vimes (from the Discworld books)
Ischade (from Thieves World)
Aragorn (from Tolkien)

All of these characters have secrets and backgrounds they don’t want anyone to know…yet they’re all adept at sniffing out and exploiting the secrets others are trying to keep. It’d be interesting to see them size each other up push needles into each other’s vulnerable areas. I of course know everything about them. I’d just make a subtle enough comment about each one of them to arouse the others’ suspicions. (A married couple I know often accuse me of getting them to start fights)

I’d serve rare steaks (so they can taste blood and get in the bloodletting mood) along with some spicy sides, to get their tempers flaring, and of course red wine, for loosening of the tongues.

You know, now that I think about it, those two were never in the same room together either. hmmmmmm…methinks we could be on to something here. :smiley: