What song or songs do you want played at your funeral?

(there have been other threads on this but the most recent I see is 12 years old)

A little morbid, I know, but we ain’t getting any younger. :slight_smile:

I’ll go with Warren Zevon’s “Keep Me in your Heart”.

When I Get Where I’m Going

A Song For You

I have dozens, too much really, but these two must be played:

Beach Boys - Surf’s Up

AC/DC - Rocker

I want to get sent out the same way I lived:

We Oughta Be Drinkin’

Y’all probably know it already, but just in case: “Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead”, from The Wizard of Oz.

Put the Zevon on the CD I burned for my brothers viewings. mrAru volunteered Highway to Hell, I am thinking either:

or

I had Fairport Convention’s “Farewell, Farewell” played at my late wife’s funeral and I have left instructions for my current wife to play it at my memorial service.

Sandy Denny’s voice fits all occasions.

We’ve Only Just Begun - The Carpenters…No???

Okay…I’m picturing a choir singing over a live version of I’m So Glad by Cream. I seriously think that would be awesome. Also, I want to be cremated with a copy of Wheels of Fire as I read a description of it as the album you’d want to be buried with a long time ago!

A Dying Business by The Chad Mitchell Trio.

Not sure how to embed videos, but I’d like either Flogging Molly’s If I Ever Leave This World Alive or The Hip Abduction’s Someday I’m Going Away at my funeral.

I see you and I share a similar vision. Have you considered Pop Goes the Weasel?

Because I like it, and because of the last words in the song!

I neither want nor expect a funeral, but if I have one I’d like at least this hymn to be played:

I don’t care what songs specifically, but there’s got to be bagpipes. 'Tisn’t a proper funeral without bagpipes.

“Pop Goes the Weasel”

“Here’s to the Future” - Ken Stringfellow (1997)

You really don’t want me to attend, do you.

mmm

I don’t want a funeral, but if one is held against my wishes I’d like a nice medley of Minus 5 songs, to include “Original Luke” and “Lies of the Living Dead”.