What songs are genuinely funny?

I’m rather partial to Allan Sherman’s music, if you can call it that :D.

He’s best known for Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah (Camp Granada), but a spin through his recorded catalogue reminded me of my favorite song, one called Good Advice.

In that song, he takes credit for every invention and great discoveries that have been made in the history of the world, with a very humorous twist at the end.

But the swing band backing him up is awesome! Find a copy and enjoy. But be forewarned, it’s almost 9 minutes long. 9 minutes of pure enjoyment.

Eat It, by Weird Al Yankovich.

Or Call Any Vegetable, by Frank Zappa.

Regards,
Shodan

Alice’s Restaurant - Arlo Guthrie

The Police have one about a blow up doll that’s pretty humorous as well… I bounce her in the kitchen and I bounce her in the hall…

Fans of Mirror Image’s Drew (http://www.toothpastefordinner.com) will also love Austin’s own Fishboy (http://www.fishboymusic.com). Fishboy rocks so hard live, but you can get some of the feeling from the mp3’s on his site, or better yet, by orderding one of his albums.

He has a brilliant song called “April O’Neil” about the ninja turtles character.

God I love Fishboy.

LC

None of you people have anything that can match the humor in Adam Sandler’s “At a Medium Pace”

NONE.

Oh, another great quote from Fishboy - this isn’t from a song, it’s just from his website.

We had Fishboy playing before our play one night, and I had this really funny task of finding Fishboy. My producer sent me in to the coffee shop adjoining the theater, and I was asking around… “Are you Fishboy?”. Eventually someone said yes, and he went up and played, and it was great. I assume that was the actual Fishboy, not someone who was kidding around with me.

LC

I’d laugh harder at my own vivisection than I would at Sandler’s stuff.

I always found something about The Beatles’ Why Don’t We Do It In the Road funny. And Back in the USSR is pretty amusing.

Haha… I was going to mention almost anything by The Bloodhound Gang is down-right hilarious but especially “The Lapdance is so much better…”

2nd Verse:
"Well, faster than you can say, “shallow grave,” this pretty little thing come up to me and starts kneadin’ my balls like hard-boiled eggs in a tube sock. Said her name was Bambi and I said, “Well that’s a coincidence darlin’, ‘cause I was just thinkin’ about skinnin’ you like a deer.” Well, she smiled, had about as much teeth as a jack-o-lantern, and I went on to tell her how I would wear her face like a mask as I do my little kooky dance. And then she told me to shush. I guess she could sense my desperation. Course, it’s hard to hide a hard-on when you’re dressed like Minnie Pearl. "

Hmmmm… perhaps I’m just sick. :smiley:

MeanJoe

The original “Just A Gigilo (I Ain’t Got Nobody)” by Louie Prima is hilarious! He cracked himself up during that recording. A classic!

This coming from someone who hasn’t heard the song, right? Beatles? Please :rolleyes:

The latest Metallica is pretty funny…

Try Lump by The Presidents of the United States of America.
Lump

Lump sat alone in a boggy marsh
Totally motionless except for her heart
Mud flowed up into Lump’s pajamas
She totally confused all the passing piranhas —(get it?)

She’s Lump, she’s Lump
She’s in my head
She’s Lump, she’s Lump, she’s Lump
She might be dead

Lump lingered last in line for brains,
And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane
Small thing’s so sad that birds could land
Is Lump fast asleep or rockin’ out with the band?

She’s Lump, she’s Lump
She’s in my head
She’s Lump, she’s Lump, she’s Lump
She might be dead

Lump was limp and lonely and needed a shove
Lump slipped on a kiss and tumbled into love
She spent her twenties between the sheets
Life limped along at subsonic speeds

Big Balls, by AC/DC-- I still crack up every time I hear it

Truck Drivin’ Neighbors Downstairs, by Beck–I’ve had some loud neighbors, but this takes the cake, esp. with the little excerpt of dialogue at the beginning

Tangerine Speedo, by Caviar–“A woman can’t resist a man who looks good in a Speedo: fuckin’ get me a towel…”

Also see “Grunge Song” by the Austin Lounge Lizards:

Another good one by the Lizards is “Grandpa’s Hologram”:

Heck, here’s one more by the Lizards, “Jesus Loves Me (But He Can’t Stand You)”:

Heh – that reminds me of Aerosmith’s Big Ten Inch. Jeebus, I haven’t heard that one in years…

Not necessarily - Dead Puppies by Ogden Edsl always makes me laugh. But then so does Teen Angel, which isn’t even supposed to be funny. Obviously there’s something seriously wrong with me.

The song “Angel Baby” by Rosie and the Originals was a surprise hit in the early 1960’s. See if you can download it from kazaa or someplace else. The singer (Rosie) is somewhat offkey - the saxophone solo is pathetically offkey and the drummer frequently “misses the beat”. You would think they did this on purpose but from what I understand they were dead serious when they released it. Please try and give it a listen.

I see someone mentioned the Hoosier Hot Shots and Spike Jones - 2 mainstays in the history of musical humor.

Some balls are held for charity
And some for fancy dress
But when they’re held for pleasure
They’re the balls that I like best

hrh

“Lola” by The Kinks.

Jesus, John, and Elvis by Dick Siegel. I still have to see about buying that song.

how bout ** my girl bill**

Speaking of the Kinks, I like their twisted Christmas song, “Father Christmas”
It’s kind of darkly humorous–about poor boys beating up a store Santa because their family needed money–not toys at Christmas.

Jimmy Buffet has had some humorous songs, too.
And, I don’t know who writes the songs Lisa Kudrow sings on friends but “Smelly Cat” definitely cracks me up.