What songs are genuinely funny?

Actually, it’s “She bitched so much, she drove me nuts, and now I’m happier this way.” Your version’s pretty catchy, though! :smiley:

Anal Cunt has some funny stuff. It’s offensive, but it’s so over-the-top and ridiculous it’s funny.

This far down and no one has mentioned Tom Leher yet???

The other night I heard Meat Loaf’s Paradise By the Dashboard Light and remembetred again that Mr. Loaf (as the New York Times once called him) was capable not only of sledgehammer humor (the play by play) but subtle word play, as well.

For a hearty (hobbit-sized) laugh you can’t go wrong with Leonard Nemoy’s Ballad of Bilbo Baggins (4 mb Quicktime file).

Bloodhound Gang has alot of funny songs. They have a way of writing them so that the lyrics are just part of the song rather than the crux of the song (if that makes sense). they are good audio songs with funny lyrics.

Many of the songs on the Barenaked Ladies’ first album, Gordon, are pretty funny… but the funniest (to me) is easily “You Can Be My Yoko Ono.”

Weirdly, most lyrics sites list my favorite line wrong… here’s what they say it is:

But in the actual song, it goes more like this:

:smiley:

Here’s the full lyrics, for what it’s worth.

Bob Dylan: “Bob Dylan’s 115th Dream”
The Coasters: “Charlie Brown”
The Hoosier Hotshots: “From the Indies to the Andes in His Undies”

There’s a Bloodhound Gang song called The Lapdance is So Much Better When the Stripper is Crying, which I am deeply ashamed to find so damned hilarious.

Because it’s hard to hide a hard-on when you’re dressed like Minnie Pearl.

Looks like Ben Folds Five is popular here. Have a listen to “Underground” by them. Funny.

To just throw out one Zappa song, the disco parody Dancin’ Fool is funny. “Just step aside/While I commit/My social suicide!” :smiley:

Liar by Rollins Band

I’ll hide behind a smile and understanding eyes.
And I’ll tell you things that you already know
so that you can say “I really identify with you so much.”

Evil Dick by Body Count.

It wasn’t me, baby, it was that motherfucker Evil Dick!

Avril Lavigne’s Sk8er Boi comes to mind… When I first heard it on the radio, I was laughing so hard I almost swerved into a pick-up truck on my right.

For some reason, the “twist” at the end of the song was a perfect culmination to the comedy of the piece…

Blonde wrote

I always thought it was “and we’re much happier this way” which I always thought was the funniest line of the song. But a re-listen confirms you’re correct.

Let’s see, other “death=funny” songs… How about “Happy Boy” by the Beat Farmers? “Stuart” by the Dead Milkmen. Hell, anything by the Dead Milkmen.

And this is in extremely poor taste, but I always crack up when I hear “Code Blue” by T.S.O.L.

Actually it’s Tom Lehrer, and by the way, Lehrer is German for teacher.

Since my major in college was Chemical Engineering, my favourite Lehrer song is “The Elements”. You can listen to it here .

Talkin’ Seattle Grunge Rock Blues by Todd Snider.

anything by the smiths or morrisey I find hilarious. dont get me wrong, i like them musically but the lyrics are blatantly hilarious.
the cover of independent women by elbow done on trumpets is a good place to start. try this for amusing videos to funny songs

I just wanted to second this song. Completely hilarious take on the rise of grunge as the newest great musical thing.

“Silence, music’s original alternative.”

Leslie Fish is pretty funny. She sings a song that starts:

Carmen Miranda’s ghost is haunting space station three.
Half the staff have seen her plus the port master and me.
And if you think we’ve had to much of Cookie’s homemade rum,
Just tell me where those basket hats of fruit keep coming from…

I looked up the lyrics after I read this post, and it WAS one of the most moronic songs I’ve ever read. Does she do this crap herself, or do they pay people to come up with it??

That’s a good one, but the first song that popped into my head when I read the thread title was “Grade 9”. I’m the same age as the band members, so all of the references were hilarious to me. I was practically crying the first time I heard it.