What songs or albums do you own that you are ashamed to admit that you like?

If any of my friends got ahold of my iPod and saw that I have the entire nSync anthology, I would be so embarrassed. But sometimes, I am in the mood for a little “Bye, Bye, Bye…”. I am confessing my joyful shame.

What songs or albums do you own that you are ashamed to admit that you like?

When I met my bestest friend in 1977 we bonded over the album Frampton Comes Alive. We both thought it was the best thing since the Beatles invasion. Not so much anymore.

“The very best of Judy Garland”…I’m gay so I’m excused :smiley: the shamefull part is that I listen to it in its entirety (all 74 tracks) at least once a month

Just today I was listening to a mix I entitled “Dancing to the '70s”. Pretty much what you’d expect, and is mostly ABBA and Village People.

But I like it.

And, surprisingly, I’m not gay! :slight_smile:

I have a CD of Englebert Humperdinck’s greates hits. I also had the soundtrack to “Annie” (don’t know where it is now) and can sing along with every song. And though I’m not ashamed of it, some hipster doofus that I went out with mocked me for having a Heart CD :rolleyes:

ABBA Gold
Xanadu soundtrack
Bee Gees: Their Greatest Hits

And, yes, I’m straight. :wink:

I really can’t understand people being ashamed to own an ABBA album.

I have the 3 CD set, Herb Alpert Collector’s Edition. Saw it next to the checkout at Best Buy for $10 and couldn’t help myself. :smiley:

I still like Neil Diamond, even though his lyrics are gibberish. “I am I said. To no one there. And no one heard at all, not even the chair.” Great, he talks to furniture. But I like his voice.

I’ve got some Grandma Favorites CDs - Josh Groban, Clay Aiken, and Barry Manilow. Wanna make something of it??? :mad: Just let me change into my purple sweatsuit festooned with pictures of kitties and Dr. Scholls and I’ll meet you out back…

I think, even back when they were current, they were seen as lightweight pop-dance music. And, a lot of pop music from that era (at least here in the US) hasn’t aged well.

But, heck, I enjoyed them when I was growing up (when they were current), and I still enjoy them now. Lightweight pop music or not, Bjorn and Benny knew how to write a catchy song.

Oops, I forgot Neil. I’ve got three or four CDs of his. :slight_smile:

My guiltiest of guilty pleasure songs;

http://www.last.fm/music/Fergie/_/London+Bridge (NB: might auto-play, not sure about the settings)

I’m sorry, music :frowning:

I have about five songs total on my ipod by Tammy Wynette, George Jones and Dolly Parton.

Stand By Your Man, D-I-V-O-R-C-E, The Race Is On, He Stopped Loving Her Today, I Will Always Love You and Hard Candy Christmas

If you tell anyone I’ll do something horrible to you, and your little dog too

There is lots of ABBA on my iPod. No shame in that at all.

Ricky Martin, OTOH… :o

Pure Moods. I never actually bought the CDs, but back in the 90s I did check them out from the library and dub them on cassette. And every once in a while, if the setting is just right (like if it’s gently raining outside), I’ll pop one in.

Dionne Warwick’s greatest hits. Since I recently joined a Burt Bachrach cover band, I have an excuse for owning it. I liked and owned it for years before that, though.

Now there’s a term I never thought I’d hear. :smiley:

My Zune is filled with DL’d copies of various one-hit wonders throughout the years, so there’s that.

But there’s also The Carpenters’ Greatest Hits, and just about the entire Yanni ouvre.

:smack:

I’m proud to own ABBA albums. Two deeply “uncool” acts are in every recording engineer’s record collection - ABBA and The Carpenters. Two of the best recorded and produced acts in the history of popular music.

I don’t think I own any music that I’m embarrassed by, not even Sean Cassidy’s Wasp.