What stocks do you follow on a daily basis?

I have an XM satellite radio and I have my stock ticker set to watch IBM, Starbucks, Southwest Airlines, Apple, and XM Satellite radio. Are there any stocks you follow on a regular basis, regardless if you own them or not?

Other than stocks I own, the only one I follow these days is LCAV, because I sold it recently on a stop-loss order and would like to jump back in some day.

There are no stocks I follow every day, because I don’t plan to sell off any of my investments in the near future. For the most part, I’ve bought (relatively) safe stocks, ones that pay significant dividends, dividends that I typically reinvest.

If you check your stock prices every day, you generally drive yourself nuts and give yourself ulcers. If you check them semi-regularly, you’ll usually get a better idea of what’s really going on, and avoid heartache.

I trade the QQQQ’s and I always have CNBC on. I use technical indicators like MACD, RSI, and the Stochastic oscillator to gauge when to buy and sell. I use BigCharts.com to get free custom charts, which I also check several times each day.

I follow

IBM
Sirius (SIRI)
XM (XMSR)
Coca-Cola (KO)
Martek (a company a friend of mine kind of knows about) (MATK)

And the ETF’s

SPY
QQQQ
IJR

I currently only own Sirius and IBM.

I’m am iron-willed and unmoved by the daily fluctuations of my stocks, so astorian’s comments don’t apply. Currently, I prefer single stocks in my portfolio. The market is still fun for me. My profit sharing is the source for more conservative investments.

Can Handle the Truth probably shouldn’t read this.

Just the ones I currently own. Right now, these are:

Bright Horizons Family
Pulte Homes
The Home Depot
Walgreen

I check once a day.

My hypothetical stock portfolio:

Johnson & Johnson Inc (JNJ)
Pfizer Inc (PFE)
Northwest Airlines Corp (NWAC) :smack:
Asia Payment Systems Inc (APYM.OB) :smack:
CONSOL Energy Inc (CNX)