What technology would you like to see completely abolished?

Anything fossil fuel related except for plastics.

No petroleum jelly?! :eek:

Anything marketedby Ron Popeil!

The technology that enables those with a comprehensive talent bypass to ‘sample’ something, mumble kindergarten rhyming couplets over it, and then think they are ‘artists’ creating ‘music’. No, they’re not. They can’t make up music, they can’t play instruments, they can’t write song lyrics - they’re not musicians, they’re parasites.

Fire. Clear Satanic overtones. One half of “fire and brimstone”. Besides, it’s all hot and stuff.

Toilet Paper. Killing sacred Trees just to wipe our butts. Use your hand! It’s better for the Environment!

Metallurgy. We’re raping the Earth to make tools and stuff.

Government. Can’t we all just get along if everyone agrees to act responsibly?

Humor. Overrated and I just don’t understand it.

I would abolish private cars. Many facilities don’t exist or are much poorer because of private cars. Like public transit and long distance train service. Grocery stores might deliver.

TV
landmines
bio weapons

If that were possible I’d selectively abolish all technologies for recording and broadcasting music, while keeping the ability to record and broadcast speech.

No more aggravation by mindless louts playing their music without listening!
People making their music when they want some!
Orchestras in cinemas!

Nope, I’m tired of people leaving it on the floor all the time. Its worse that banana peels I tell ya.

Nuclear weapons.

Another vote here for nuclear, biological, cna chemical weapons.

Oh, and “boom car” stereo system technology.

Amen to that.

I had to sit next to one for 15 minutes once. I’m still not sure how I kept from taking it down and smashing it.

Another vote ?
who voted for this one before yoru post?

Call Waiting.

I stand corrected. The chemical weapons part was mine alone.

Don’t know how I typed it as “cna” chemical weapons, though…

Coffee makers… Only because I want to stay up through the night and laugh when I see people stumbling around in the early morning.

amarinth, yes! Call waiting. It’s just rude.

In fact all the evil mutations of the telephone can go as far as I’m concerned: menuing, marketing, cell, ID, conferencing, video, hold music, answering machines, continuous redial, keying in anything at all after the beep.

I would gladly go back to a black 10 lb rotary phone ( as long as I could keep my high speed internet connection).

Whatever technology it is that enables animals and babies in commercials to look like they’re talking. It wasn’t funny in “Look Who’s Talking,” when they weren’t lip-synching, and it isn’t funny now.

I submit that cheesehats cannot be improved and will never die.

Maybe we beat Iraq with the singing fish? I know I want to die when I hear “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” for the umpteenth time.