What the hell....Ask the Lesbian....

Well, someone’s going to ask it, and I already have IRL, so:
[li]Have you ever tried having sex with a man?[/li][li]Want to?[/li]
:smiley:

Q: How old were you when you realised you were a lesbian?

Also how long did it take your parents to accept you as a lesbian if they didn’t accept you right away?

oh…my…God…

It’s just the craziest thing but that has never ever crossed my mind! You mean…you mean that all this time, I was having sex with women never knowing just how great a man can be in the sack? Why didn’t someone speak up sooner?? Thinksnow, quick, bring me your penis.

Tibs.

Hi, MannyL,

Well, I’ve pretty much always known that I find women attractive. I don’t remember ever thinking that a boy was attractive. I’d say as early as grade school.

My parents do not know that I am gay. There are a couple of reasons - part cultural, part just my folks, etc. In truth, I think that my mother knows, deep down. She’s a smart woman. Right now, this works for us. I can’t speak for everyone and I am sure no one would dare speak for me or my parents - for the time, this is the best arrangement. When I meet the girl of my dreams and we move in together, etc - well, I don’t know if I could get past it then.

Tibs.

You rule, Tibs. I’m glad you’re my wife.

Thanks, Mr. Thinksnow-Tiburon. I’m glad you’re my bitch. Err…husband.

Tibs.

I was about thirteen. It took my mother about 4 years to adjust, although there’s still some issues going on. I made it so painfully obvious that by the time I told dad when I was sixteen he’d known for a long time and already dealt with it.

Are you for it or against it?
No, but seriously…anyone with an interest in this thread should see “Homosexuality: For or Against?” in Great Debates. Unbelievably ignorant start, witty replies. :slight_smile:

Peace,
TN*hippie

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by thinksnow *
**Well, someone’s going to ask it, and I already have IRL, so:
[li]Have you ever tried having sex with a man?[/li][li]Want to?:smiley: **[/li][/QUOTE]

snow, I hit Tibs with this very question at Spiffled, with a straight face, and got an honest answer that made a lot of sense. Obviously this was early in the evening, as later in the evening almost nothing made sense, but I was satisfied.

Not a question, but Tiburon, you know you have men waiting in line if you ever turn the other cheek. You are one hot lesbian! Breast of luck with the boobage!

What is atavistic?

Atavistic means…a throwback, basically. It means a trait that is sort of …prehistoric, for lack of a better word.

The colloquial meaning is that it’s sort of a prehistoric, grunt grunt reaction. Like, “grunt me find that attractive. grunt:slight_smile:

Tibs.

UncleBill,

Thanks; you’re sweet to say that.

Tibs.

p.s. What the heck did I say when you asked me that? I can’t remember. I think I was having DTs over no peeps.

I don’t guess you know where I could find some fellow lesbians in the middle of North Carolina, do you?

No?

Damn. The search for a girlfriend goes on…

Another lesbian checking in… I guess I’m classified as “Butch”. So I’ll pipe in on my opinion of my “butchness”. I don’t try to be butch. I don’t really classify myself as butch, although I’m sure others would.

Why do I wear men’s jeans?
Because the women’s jeans fit funny, are aften made less durable, have less pockets and are just all around impractical (we won’t even talk about crotch hugging)

Why the short hair?
I can’t stand the stuff. Gets in my eyes. Has to be messed with in the morning and fooled with all day. My solution was to have the HairCuttery use clippers. Works like a charm.

Why no make-up? Why no purfume?
Who needs the stuff? I think I look/smell fine as it. Who needs another thing to worry about in the morning? No to mention, the smell attracts every bug in a 10 mile radius.

Why to hiking boots all the time?
I have big wide feet, so womens shoes are out of the question. I also tear up shoes like a 10 year old. Boots are just more practical.

Shaving?
Bah! The stuff just grows back in a few day anyway. Out of sight, out of mind. My coworkers are none the wiser about my hairy legs.
In fact, just about every facet of my “butchness” boils down to being practicle. I like things simple. Am I still attractive? I assure you that I am, in an androgynous sorta way.

You said that “Women are beautiful as they are they don’t need to try and look like men.” Well, they don’t have to buy into what Hollywood and the Women’s Mags say what women should look like either.
Question. Because you percieve “butch” women as trying to look like men, do you believe that they secretly want to be men? This is a serious question. I’m curious if straight folk really think this.

(sorry this was kinda long Tib. I wasn’t trying to hijack your thread)

No worries about a hijack, Theios - always nice to have another opinion.

Kmudd said:

Women are beautiful as they are they don’t need to try and look like men.

I think what Kmudd means is, as Theios pointed out, the conventional understanding of what many of us have grown up to understand as being feminine, woman-like, etc. I can appreciate that this because it happens that I find this attractive, too. Within that context, it makes sense.

I think Theios has challenged us to understand that “women” are a very broad spectrum and that spectrum includes everything from what many people call butch to what many people consider femme. So if we change the context slightly, Theios’s point is well taken: Women are beautiful and that term (“Women”) encompasses a broad spectrum.

I think it is also well taken (and I may not have been as well spoken as Theios on this), that it isn’t that ‘butch’ women try to look like men, they are just more comfortable with different things.

That was a great question, Kmudd and a great response, Theios.

Tibs.

I know not all lesbians hate men but some do . This statement is about the ones that do.
I have seen lesbians speakers at rally’s one after another
attack men and their marks boil down to men have power.
That is basicly what they claim. Whatever happened in their life somehow the bad things were caused by men because they think men are in control . So it seems they resent men but still want to look like a man because they think it is a power statement.
In a lesbian couple (one were one is butch) is the butch
the more domanate (I know it is spelled wrong) one?

Sometimes because it was men that raped them, beat them, and have mistreated them all their lives?

I knew something was very different with me from age 6 or so, it is difficult to remember. I did not fully realize what I was until my twenties though.

My parents and family do not know, and would not accept it. Frankly, I don’t need any additional strife in my personal life in the next year or so, so they are not going to know either.

We’re getting to the nitty gritty here.

I want to point out a few things that I think are understood but would like to set down.

**When asked: Why do some lesbians hate men with such a passion?

Anthracite posted: Sometimes because it was men that raped them, beat them, and have mistreated them all their lives?**

Let’s be very clear of a few things which I believe (and please do correct me if I am wrong on any of these things) were intended by the posters (I’m trying to nip a few reactive remarks in the bud here):

1. This is a reason some women, in general, hate men - not just lesbians.

2. Not all lesbians who have been raped, beaten or mistreated by men are lesbians for this reason. Whether or not that, in some way, contributed is a person specific question.

While I think that kind of stuff should go without saying, I am saying it now only because I think that is probably the understanding behind the post (Does that sounds right, Anthracite?).

Now! Kmudd, you asked if the butch person in a couple was the dominant one. I’m a perfect example of where that isn’t the case. I dated a girl for about 1 1/2 years where she was definitely more butch looking than me but I was definitely the dominant party in the relationship. People used to comment all the time that it appeared as if our personalities had been switched.

Also, haven’t you seen a ton of big burly men with little petite wives where she cracks the whip at home? :slight_smile:

Good questions, folks!

Tibs.

Since your parents don’t know about you being a lesbian do you do like the song by Janice Ian says and “Invent male lovers on the phone”?