What the hell....Ask the Lesbian....

What the hell. Ask away. Same rules as the other “Ask the…” threads - behave, everyone.

Oh, and let me just answer the infamous “dildo question” because I know I’ll get asked.

The question goes like this…“Why do lesbians use dildos and strap-ons? Why not just sleep with a guy?”

To which I say: “Why do women sleep with men when they could just get a woman with a strap-on?”

Clearly, they aren’t the same thing. :slight_smile:

I hope I don’t regret this.

Tibs.

:waits for weirddave and thinksnow to post in case they didn’t get all their questions answered at Spiffled:

If I had known porcupine was gonna post first, I’d have changed my thread title to: “What the hell…Ask the lesbian out…” Heh.

Wheee!

Tibs.

FTR: I am a 29-year-old white male, heterosexual, single, reserved, introverted, etc…

1. What is the best way to explain to my male friends that NO, my lesbian friends are NOT interested in a 3-way?

2. When people make that particular proposal, how do you handle it?

3. How do your new relationships (with both genders) change when you reveal your sexual orientation?

Thanks ahead of time for the information.

1. Since you dig chicks, do you get turned on when you look at yourself in the mirror? (ok, lame Chasing Amy reference…)
  2. My girlfriend once tried it one night. Is she bi?
  3. Hi Opal
  4. Why do some lesbians hate men with such passion?

Ok, that’s all I can think of for now.

1 Do you ever fake it?

Q: What’s the most common question asked of lesbians?

A: Can I watch?

:::strikes a defensive posture and slowly backs away:::

AlbertRose,

**1. What is the best way to explain to my male friends that NO, my lesbian friends are NOT interested in a 3-way? **

I think the best way is the most simple - and it sounds like you’ve got it down. Simply tell them that they aren’t interested. Now, if you want to explain to them why lesbians aren’t interested, I suppose the best way is to tell them that it is because they don’t find men attractive and it ruins the moment.
**2. When people make that particular proposal, how do you handle it? **

This is probably one of the most common things people say if I’m out with a girl. Some guy always suggests a threesome. It gets a little annoying but I don’t find it particularly offensive. I just laugh it off. I don’t see much point in hissing at the guy, “Not in your wildest dreams.” I mean, most guys are just joking around and so I take it as such.

It’s probably fair to say that I respond with the same tone in which it is proposed. If a guy was serious, I’d answer him seriously and just say no.

**3. How do your new relationships (with both genders) change when you reveal your sexual orientation? **

With women, I’ve been very fortunate that none have freaked or gone through a phase where they are uncomfortable around me. I think part of that is because I’m fairly open that I’m gay so it doesn’t come as a shock to them. Also, I have never hit on a straight girl and I really don’t let myself work up an attraction to straight girls. My straight female friends no this and they’ve never been odd about it.

With men, they’re always all too happy to ask questions about it. Quite frankly, I think a lot like a man and this fascinates most men. I love boobs, I love looking at women, I love everything about women. Most men are all too happy to meet lesbians, for some reason.

In your estimation, is “coming out” for a lesbian as difficult as it is for a gay male? How often do lesbians live closeted lives?
Example: My friend’s SO says he will never tell his parents he’s gay (though they might suspect.) Do you know any women in that situation?

Asmodean,
**1. Since you dig chicks, do you get turned on when you look at yourself in the mirror? (ok, lame Chasing Amy reference…) **

Nope.

**2. My girlfriend once tried it one night. Is she bi? **

Well, I wouldn’t say that. I don’t think a one-time thing is going to define sexuality. I’d be more likely to say that if she has an attraction to women and men or she tends to like people sexually and their gender is sort…well, neither here nor there, then perhaps she is. But if she tells you she just likes men and you believe her, I wouldn’t call her bi.
**3. Hi Opal **

Yeah, hiya there, Opal.

**4. Why do some lesbians hate men with such passion? **

You know, I don’t really know. I don’t hate men at all but yes, many lesbians really hate men. In my experience, it has been the women who …hm…how shall I put it…most resemble men. There are a ton of reasons why they might hate men. First, it could be a bad experience with a man. All women may hate men for that reason. Second, it may be that they’ve never had a guy friend who respected them and their orientation. Third, perhaps because they are over-zealous in their affinity for women that they are disgusted by the antithesis of a woman (i.e., a man). Who knows. I don’t think it’s terribly rational to hate a gender, one way or another.

Why do some lesbians want to look “butch” ?
Women are beautiful as they are they don’t need to try and look like men.
Just my opinon .It doesn’t bother me how someone else looks,but sometimes it makes you wonder why people do what they do.

Arnold Winkelried

In your estimation, is “coming out” for a lesbian as difficult as it is for a gay male? How often do lesbians live closeted lives?
Example: My friend’s SO says he will never tell his parents he’s gay (though they might suspect.) Do you know any women in that situation?

Okay, this is purely my opinion. First, as far as coming out to one’s parents…that completely depends on the parents. But as far as society in general…it’s been my experience that it is more widely accepted to be a lesbian than a gay man. Why? I have no clue. I think because women can sort of understand why a woman might like another woman. Straight men certainly understand why a person would like women. Some straight men, though, have that machismo thing going where they think it makes them less of a man to be accepting of anything less than a tough guy who likes women. To the credit of many men, some don’t care at all. I think that question has a lot of societal forces involved in it but to sum up - yes, I think that, in general and in my experience, women have an easier time of it.

I don’t know how often women lead closeted lives. I tend to meet a lot of lesbians through friends and by then, it’s pretty open. I do know a few who aren’t very open about it but I really have no idea how common it is because they probably wouldn’t exactly putting their hands up when I asked. :smiley:

Tibs.

yes, I have a question.

Can I PLEASE be your personal whore?

jarbaby

kmudd20001

Why do some lesbians want to look “butch” ?
Women are beautiful as they are they don’t need to try and look like men.
Just my opinon .It doesn’t bother me how someone else looks, but sometimes it makes you wonder why people do what they do.

Now that’s a stumper but I’ll do my best. I think there are actually two questions going on there - why do some look butch and why are some attracted to butch?
As for why some women look butch…I don’t think all strive to look butch. For many, I think that they just feel more comfortable with short hair, jeans, a t-shirt, boots, etc. I think it’s just…well, more true to how they feel inside. They don’t enjoy feeling girly, etc. While I don’t think I look particularly butch, I can understand this entirely. I don’t buy perfume because I want someone to smell it on me and like it…I don’t like flowery clothes, I don’t like to wear dresses a lot, etc. I think it’s a comfort thing for many. It’s just more them. :slight_smile:

It’s more difficult (for me) to answer why some women are attracted to women who look butch. I often hear, “If you like women…why don’t you want a woman who LOOKS like a woman…” Well, I admit that I like extremely conventionally fem women. I like women who have long hair, get their nails done, wear dresses, etc. But that’s me. I think that for a lot of gay women, they find the individualism, the individual, a million and one things attractive about it. I guess I’m probably not the best person to ask about it because I don’t experience it. I do think, though, that it is entirely healthy and normal and all that other good stuff to find yourself attracted to a butch woman. It’s just another one of those things that people find attractive. (I suppose why some people likes brunettes more than blonds…I’m like that and I have no clue why.) It might be an atavistic thing.

Asmodean,

Sorry, I skipped your earlier question about if I ever fake it.

Okay, truth be told…yes, I have before. I know that a lot of lesbians would proudly proclaim that they know how to make a woman orgasm better than any man because “women know what women want.” Well, I think some men are probably pretty good at knowing that, too. Some women are pretty clueless. Some are great, some aren’t - just like men. Takes all kinds. :slight_smile:

I wrote “…my straight friends no this…”

I clearly meant ‘know’ - Christ, I need to quit working late.

Tibs.

Do lesbians ejaculate?

jarbabyj,

What do you mean can you be my personal whore?

Don’t you remember last night? Oh God, well, when you passed out from the sex (I had a girlfriend who really did do this when she orgasmed really hard), I didn’t know that your memory left as well.

Trust me, it was earth shattering and you begged for more.

(Man, that was obnoxious of me, wasn’t it?)

Tibs.

Thanks for your response . It is hard to tell why people are attracted to someone. I have read that children growing up
develop an ideal mate in their mind. It is sort of of map of what they would want. Chemistry has a lot to do with it.
I knew a woman who seemed to glow with warmth , I fell for her right away .She just seemed to glow.Maybe to others she might not have had the same chemistry but to me she did.
Kevin

Handy,

Yes, a nifty little secret that we lesbians share is that we all have the ability to ejaculate, just like a man. It’s part of our training.

Of course I’m bullshitting. Please see other posts on female ejaculate. :slight_smile:

Tibs.