What to do with a dozen egg yokes?

I just made an angel food cake, and the recipe called for a dozen egg whites. I saved the yokes in a bowl because it seemed like a waste to throw them out. Now, what can I make with a dozen egg yokes? Any suggestions?

Make Hollandaise Sauce .

They’re not going to last long anyway, neither does hollandaise, so broil a filet mignon, steam some asparagus and go to town!

I’m not sure how you’d keep a yoke on an egg to begin with. I mean, do they even have shoulders or necks? Do elaborate. :slight_smile:

Now as for egg yolks, this recipe for “What to Do with All the Egg Yolks” bread looks yummy.

What ever you use them for will be very high in cholesterol. :wink:

Harness them to your eggs, and have them pull a wagon.

Key Lime Pies
yummmmmmm

Hmm, twelve yolks. Well, you can make a whole mess of custard…check foodtv.com for recipes.

Return them to the wild.
“Be free my little yellow friends”

Take them to a gym. they could use the Eggercise.

Take them for a drive. Just don’t take the wrong “eggs-it”.

See if you can get them a job as an egg-stra in a movie.

Tell them jokes. They seem to like this one.

Teach them something. Everyone needs an egg-ucation.

Yokes? Yikes!

Well, like my gramma said: “Where there’s an angel food cake, a sponge cake soon follows.”

You could make…

Chocolate Pudding
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar
8 egg yolks
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate (chips, or broken into small pieces)

In a medium saucepan, heat together milk, cream and sugar until a low simmer.
In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks. Add half of hot milk to egg yolks, whisk together, and return to saucepan.
Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened (it will coat the back of the spoon).
Take off heat, stir in chocolate until completely melted.
Pour into bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight.

Put them in the shoes on display at a shoe store.

What’s wrong with just scrambling them up? Whisk 'em with some salt, pepper and cream(or milk) chop in a few veggies and you’re good to go. Or you could whisk them with cream and cinnamon and make french toast.

Make egg nog to wash down the angel food cake. Whip them up with some milk and cinnamon and nutneg and booze of choice.

Cherry Bread Pudding!!
It’s fabulous–and easy. Definitely not for anyone who’s on a diet.

The recipe is here:

Yum! Droooool…Gotta make some bread pudding! It’s even better if you throw in a few chocolate chips. And next time, I’m going to top it with whipped cream, along with the caramel sauce.

Lemon Curd! Yeah!

http://www.foodtv.com/recipes/re-c1/0,,133,00.html

It’s a wonder the British don’t all keel over at 30 from clogged arteries but I love this stuff.

Zabaglione!

(here’s a recipe)